Chapter 2

Chapter 2

We went walking down the streets. We are on our way to time square where they have that huge tree every year.

Once we got there, we stood practically right underneath it. Our heads bent backwards to look at the beautiful tree. It was almost dark. And the lights were glowing perfectly.

I breathed in, getting a whif of the fresh pinr. Little snow flakes fluttered in the air and they gently landed on the ground.

“Hey Tom!” A shouting voice echoed from behind. We both turned around just as a football landed in Tom’s arms.

“Hey guys” A crowed of boys ran up. They were all wearing the same jacket. It was a dark navy blue color and had a symbol on the front. On the back read North Side High, the high school I go to.

“Come and play football with us dude.” The taller one of the group of boys asked.

“Sure” Tom replied as he started jogging off. I quickly grabbed him by his elbow.

“But, Tom”

“Babe, I’m just going to play some football, I won’t be long.”

“But we were-”

“Babe, please?” He was starting to beg now.

“Well, um… uh” I glanced behind me then looked back at his sad and wanting eyes.

“Fine…”

“Thanks babe.” Then he disappeared into the distance. I sat on a bench a few feet away. I felt alone and cold. My heart seemed to ache.

“No kiss goodbye?” A familiar voice came from behind.

“Nope...” I popped the P. Cherry came and sat next to me. Her long brown hair in a loose braid that sat on one of her shoulders. 

I glanced at her for a second before looking back where Tom disappeared. “So how are you Cherry?”

“Eh, I’m hanging in there. We should totally have another one of those girls only party again! Last year was epically amazing!” She leaned back on the bench raising her arms behind her head looking very relaxed.

I laughed, "heck yea we should. Lucy really went crazy last year, she practically stripped for Nikki.”

She laughed. “Yea, those two look so cute together though, don’t they?”

“Yea they do, what’s it been like a year or more that they’ve been dating?”

She looked up at the sky trying to remember so far back. “I think so?” She looked at me and smiled.

The sun finally set. The sky was pitch black. I sat Back looking in the sky. I don’t know what I was gazing at, but I seemed to have zoned out. Cherry was still sitting next to me doing the same thing. We're just  good like that.

Suddenly my phone vibrated. I jumped and escaped my zoning as I reached for it in my pocket.

“Hello?”

“DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT TIME IT IS?”

I held the phone away from my ear as my mother continued to scream.

“YOU BETTER GET YOUR ASS HOME YOUNG LADY!”

I quickly looked at the clock on the mini screen on the front of my phone. The time read 10:30. SHIT! I’m so dead!

I hung up the phone as my mother continued to scream into it. I jumped up off the bench and looked at Cherry.

She had a confused expression on her face. “What the hell was that?” she remarked.

“My mother, I have to go, see you later Cherry.” I waved as I started running.

“Later Em.” She called back.

-Tom-

“Damn Tom you’re a lucky guy.” Jeremy commented as he passed me the football.

“How so?” I threw it back to him.

“Because your girlfriend is freaking hot!” Zach added on.

“Yea I guess.” I ran and caught the ball from my left side, tumbling when I caught it.

“Touch down!” Jeremy yelled.

I came back to the guys as we all laid in the soft snowy grass.

“I’d do anything to tap that sexy ass of hers.” All the guys laughed in agreement. “When you’re done with her can I have her?” Jason asked as he punched me on the arm jokingly.

I was about to open my mouth when I was soon interrupted. “She’s not a piece of property, that when you’re done with you sell to someone else.” The new kid on the block commented. I think his name is George?

He had an annoyed look on his face as he glared at me. “We are just messing around George, chill out a little.” I remarked.

Suddenly I saw Emma running up, breathing heavily. All the guys got real quiet.

“Tom, I-I have t-to get h-home.” She was almost out of breath. I pulled my cell out of my pocket. 10:35. SHIT!

I jumped up and grabbed her hand running with her to her apartment. “Bye guys!” I called back.

-Emma-

We finally made it to my apartment. The lights were on inside which ment mother was awake. Crap...

I quickly pecked Tom on the lips as I slowly walked up to the door and looking back to notice that Tom was gone.

I slipped into the apartment and quietly closed the door. I tip toed to the staircase just about to step on the first step when I was caught.

“Where have you been young lady?” Her voice seemed to have a hint of anger, yet she was trying to disguise it.

I slowly walked back in front of her. “I was out walking? Don’t you remember?”

She cocked her eyebrow and gave me an 'as if' glare. I guess thats her favorite type of glare to throw at me. “I saw you through that window. You were with that boy again, after I told you not to.” Her voice started to become firm.

“What do you have against him? He’s a great guy! And I love him.”

“He is a bad influence on you! Remember last summer? When you tried to run away with him?”

I tried to think back to last summer. I could remember being on a train with Tom. We were on our way to Las Vegas to get married. We were so in Love. I wanted to get married and start our life together.

My mother snapped her fingers in my face interrupting my flashback.

“Hello? Earth to Emma! You listen to me. I don’t want you near that boy anymore. Understand?”

 “Since when do you care if he’s a bad influence for me? Since when have you ever cared about me or my life!”

My mothers angered expression changed to shock. Her hand moved over her heart like she was going to have a heart attack. 

She looked furious now. She pointed her finger up the stairs. “GO TO YOUR ROOM NOW MISSY! I DON’T WANT TO DEAL WITH YOUR ATTITUDE ANYMORE!”

I became quite annoyed at her now. “I hate you!” I muttered just so she could perfectly hear the emphesis on the word hate. Then I ran upstairs and slammed my bedroom door.