[12] Renewed

Logan

Her grip on my body was deadly, her nails nearly ripping into flannel shirt I wore. Seeing her...like this...just reminded me of how blind I was to Kayla and in turn Kayla blind to Yuki. I pushed her away from the thought of motherhood, I told her having a child was nothing more than a mistake, and I never noticing her trips away from me along with the sick mornings. My own heart could feel the strain of my mistakes and her agony, 'Damn this...FUCK. That man, fuck that motherfu.' I held on to her tighter as I tried to keep my emotions in check. I couldn't understand how Kayla didn't know about this, but then how could I judge when I was unaware of my own child's existence...

Unhinging herself from me I watch her steadily regain her stance. I stood up after her, wiping the hay and dirt off from me. I had to accept that I had a child and somehow I needed to become the father Yuki never had but always deserved.

Yuki

I moved passed the old warn wooden pillar, regaining my senses realizing I let myself become a victim to Him. I'm not strong. Gazing towards the barn doors there his ghost stood with its evil smile, his military cut hair, well done brows. I'm a weak piece of shit. Staring cold heartedly at the ghost of death, I remembered every whip...every imprint of the searing metal and iron plated words that now line my back. I am a living disappointment. One thing I knew was told to be stronger never to linger and yet this, the ghost who gave me pain stood in front of me telling me all I am is a lie.

I looked back to Logan, he was lost, lost in the sense of his own failure. Understanding now how his own ignorance was coming back on him, opened his eyes. His believing that people like us can live in bliss, no repercussions, recognizing how the past for him damaged my future.

I released a breath and carried on along with degrading grin leading my speech, "I remember the last letter that, for lack of better words, to glorify my back with great details up till certain points but I will say" I adding a wicked grin to my devious look I gave Logan. "it was a day Seth won't forget while he rots in hell."

It was bloody that night, Seth had nearly destroyed his whip in preparing me for the iron. Thing is I knew the metal would be worse, it always was. The alloy was already heating up in the pit and I was just barely grasping on to life.

All I wanted was to die, let it end, to find my fucking peace. Except that wasn't for me, I knew that once I felt in my back the melting of skin filled the air. My screams, the horrifying fucking cries I yelled, didn't matter to Seth they never did. I adapted to keep my voice down to keep him from realizing he was doing his job right it by no means did it worked though.

The rod clattered against the blood pooled floor. Groggily I attempted to move, the imprinting was worse for this final time. He pressed as hard as he could into my back making sure my spine felt the heat. I tested my movement and muscles, in the motions felt skin and muscles crawling its way back across my vertebrae.

As he cleaned his hands of my blood and his shoes of the melted flesh he spoke. "Very few people go through what you've been through, Yuki. I like to call it an Odyssey and you Yuki are an Odysseus." He takes a pause dropping the bloody cloth across his wood work bench.

"I know it's a complement and that this is a rare thing. I mean me even dare give one out to people of your kind. Why?" Footsteps reached my body his shadow over took any light that hit me. Using barely any fingers he lifted my head, scoffing at how limp my cranium was.

"It's because your Odyssey isn't over, no!" He twirled around, arm raised to the heavens, keeping on. "The fun is just beginning after me lord knows what you will be made into." My head dropped I could feel whatever hope that was left disappearing and rage over taking my body.