[13] Purpose

Looking at Logan I could see why my mother fell for this man. Determination was oozing off him, Strength defined his physical attributes and a sense of genuine care all wrapped up in one guy, who wouldn't love him?

I grinned like a fool and said, "Then I suggest we get on with this?"

Nodding he responded, "Finish your story and we can hopefully get a couple of beers after this."

"Alright then."

I could feel my anger increasing, the fabric of his shirt ripping, that was when my second set of claws appeared. Slowly piercing through his skin, blood dripping and the cloudiness in my eyes from before resurfaced. I blinked to fight it off but this time it got worse; The clouds turned to black splotches and then I fell backwards into darkness, but my body didn't follow. My conscious floated, the feeling of ease was almost peaceful, but I couldn't understand why I was there, why I couldn't regain function of my body or sight. The one thing that was clear was the thuds, the screams and the cracking of bones.

This was where Akuma and I were introduced to each other briefly, I've only known her to control my animalistic instincts, to a point. From what I know she is someone I've shared a body with since that moment. We've come to recognize having separate thoughts, completely different auras from my own and she remembers being someone like me but beyond what I am, beyond a mutant. I looked over at Logan now. Deep down I don't know what she is, but whatever she's hiding from me it's bigger than all of us, but for now, this is beside the point.

The sounds of cracking and popping overwhelmed my ears while a burning smell of flesh infiltrated my nostrils. I could feel sensation returning to my body, nerve endings responding to my regaining of consciousness. Opening my eyes, I blurrily understood where I was, the kitchen and the burning smell was from a severed hand on the stove. Crisp, a mixture of red, black, and pink skin, aligned the appendage on the stove. Bone stuck out from the wrist any blood that was there was all dried and burnt to the point of blackness. An uneasy feeling waved through my body feeling so disoriented, surrounded by blood, and the smell of smoldering flesh. That's when I remembered I knew how my own skin smelt I knew it wasn't mine. I took a breath then another realizing the only other person it could only be was......Seth's. Despite the crackling of the skin on the stove, a quiet drip in the air slipped into my ears.