[14] Crash

"She wasn't on board in the beginning; Thinking back on it now I could see her reasoning. I was reacting to a very traumatic "incident" with a very dangerous solution. She only wanted to, now, raise her family right. But Uncle and I knew that could never happen Stryker would never leave us be."

"No." She stared my dead paned eyes, I could see the mix of emotions in her own. She was disheveled, bags had grown under her lids while her hair neat mess of only a few hours of sleep. "No, Yuki. Haven't we been through enough??? I can't lose you. Jack, I can't lose her. I can't lose anyone el..." She slummed onto the sofa where Uncle was burying his more than tired face. This needed to be done there was no way to avoid it Stryker needed to be killed. Come hell or high water it was going to be by my hands no one else's.

"K there's no other way."

Uncle was truly worse for wear, his blond hair looked just as unkempt as it did when we arrived yesterday, his eye bags screamed no sleep.

"Yuki is and can only be the person to do this. If you want to be rid of the government's hound and you don't want to involve her father, she's the only one who could do it. I'm not in Stryker's good graces not after this...I can't pretend to be and neither can you."

Silence engulfed the three of us, our quiet breathing filled up the room. We had all gathered in the living room to prepare ourselves for Stryker's arrival and instead it turned into this. At first, I sat mute listening to them argue as to how to deal with Stryker. Once the mongrel was here, what to say to him – if they were to have a chance to speak-, and if it was safe to even tell him to come here- knowing his past. It was a constant back and forth till I finally said it.

"He won't be breathing long enough to speak to anyone," I coldly glared between them. "he won't make it 2 centimeters out his car door, because he will be dead." The aura of fear filled the room and is it wrong to say it excited me just a tiny bit.

Uncle was quick to hit on the note they spoke of earlier. "You don't think that man is prepared? He knows us, he knows you very well. Your temper is no secret Yuki. Be smart little one, what is he going to propose to us? More importantly what was the one thing you felt was missing when you were with his monster?"

Seth spoke of it all the time, it was his motto, it was the one thing I had over him in the end. Power. "If you are to ever remember one thing from me Yuki it'll be the Pyramid of Power. Remember it because scum like you will never be able to topple it." Everyone wants it, few have it and it's always offered as a commodity. Stryker was going to give it to me, that was for sure, but once he did his power-all of it- would be gone. An empty shell I would leave as then and only then I would kill him.

I looked away from them. "Then I'd need to start slow earn his trust make him believe he's gotten what he's wanted. I need to be what Zero is to him; his most trusted, a model mutant."

This led us to now, the tension thicker than the air. Yet, outside the rumble of the ground was quiet. To an insensitive and untrained ear, nothing would be heard. The Willys Jeep cut through the rough terrane like a speeding demon looking to feast on a new soul. The road led up to the sun-kissed wooden house, which on the outside looked peaceful but the inside held the souls the demon wanted.

The moment mom heard the car she gripped the arm of the couch for dear life. Her panic came off her in waves, she rushed to me putting her hands on my face. Her warmth vibrated from them feeling almost like electricity kindly lapping on my skin.