Yoosung~ Captured (part 2)

Quote:
"Life isn't sweet. That's why everyone wants sweet things."

-

(Name)'s POV

"Hey, mom." I greet, embracing her. "How have you been?"

"I've been well." She answers, giving me a peck on the cheek. "How about yourself?"

"I'm fine." I reply, stepping inside the house. Memories flooded inside my brain as soon as I entered the room. It's as if I was drowning in a sea of memories.

"How's your dad?" My mom asks, bringing me back to reality.

"He's doing okay."

Sometimes I find myself in an ocean of guilt.

I chose to leave my mother in the last year of middle school.

She was in a very bad state, but I still left her.

I loathed her for having an affair. I didn't want to be with someone who would easily betray their family.

She respected my choice and let me live with my dad, but her eyes were telling another story. They were filled with desire, guilt, and sadness. It showed no sign of consideration or respect. I'm guessing that deep inside she didn't want me to leave.

Maybe she loathed me as well.

~

"You didn't have to come." She says, smiling weakly. "I invited you over, but you're in no position to agree- after all that I've done-"

"I'm a woman now. I have my own place and I have a job. I can make my own decisions. Regarding of what you did, you'll always be my mother. It's not fair that I always visit dad, but I don't visit you." I reply, giving her a small smile.

I fell into depression after the incident with my mother. I became distant with people, scared of being betrayed like my mother did to my father.

"(Name), Yoosung is here." She says, revealing the lavender-eyed man.

"Yoosung? What are you doing here?" I ask, startled by his sudden appearance.

"I wanted to check up on you and maybe.. catch up?" He scratches the back of his head.

"Sure." I reply, making my way towards my old room. "Let's talk inside here." He looks at me with widened eyes, before blushing madly.

"Okay." He mumbles, covering his face.

Weird.

~

"So, how was meeting your mom again after several years?"

"It was a little awkward at first." I reply, sighing. "I forgot about it but now I remember why I can't remember you that well. It's because of my mental issue. My fear caused me to forget some people. The fear of being betrayed, it caused me to block people out. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. You went through a lot. You deserved to feel that way. It would have been better if you had therapy though." He replies, giving me a small smile.

"I went to therapy for awhile, but I decided that it'd be better if I tried to solve my problems myself. Without realizing, I actually ignored my problems." I laugh, "probably the reason why I was always an outcast at school."

"You may have had a horrible past, but I'm here for you." He says, taking my hand. "You might not remember our promise, but I do so I won't be breaking it."

Yoosung's POV

The promise that bounds us together.

It's a promise that we'll marry each other when we grow up.

By the look on her face, she doesn't remember the promise at all. I'll help her regain her memories that has been locked up inside her mind, afraid of being remembered.

I'll save you, (name).

*BEFORE*

"I don't like it when you play tag with other boys." I whined.

"Why?" (Name) asks, bobbing her head to the side.

"Because... you're my best friend." I reply, frowning.

"But I like playing tag with other kids."

"Fine, but you'll have to marry me when we're older." I reply, smiling.

"Marry? Like my mom and dad?" She asks.

"Yes."

"Okay, I promise to marry you when I'm older. You have to promise to marry me too!" She says, putting her pinky towards me.

"I promise to marry you when I'm older." I say, putting my pinky towards her.

*AFTER*

(Name)'s POV

What promise?

"We made a promise?" I ask.

"Yeah." He replies, smiling.

"What was it?"

"You have to remember for yourself." He answers, laughing. "It's important, so I'm positive that you'll remember it."

"I hope so."

________
A/N: part 3?

This time I updated very quick, yay!

Vote if you enjoyed!