43. The Birthday

Note-Before you guys read on, a small reminder that the original draft of this story was in 2015, so the idea might be mushy, cliche and a bit tad extra cheesy. But I loved it personally, so didn't alter much.
Have fun reading, and yeah, keep a count of the number of gifts. Will come in handy.

~ All I see in your eyes, is my image, and all I want to hear from your lips, is my name~

Nandini was now excited with the fuss going on. Although she could not guess what was going on, she was thrilled with the idea of an extravagant birthday celebration and gifts. She had never had it before, a surprise made up specially for her, hence this was all the more exciting.
She ran to open the door and found a white wrapped box kept on the floor.

She came in and ran to her room. Opening the gift she was happily shocked to see a beautiful black full length dress with a designer back full of doris. There were also a pair of silver jhumkas that complimented the dress in another small box. She quickly changed into the dress and took her time, twirling around in front of the full length mirror, her happiness evident on her face.

 She quickly changed into the dress and took her time, twirling around in front of the full length mirror, her happiness evident on her face

After she was satisfied looking at it, she rab downstairs to find the car waiting for her. She quickly sat in, super excited the whole way!

When you dont know where you are heading to, but you have an idea that it's going to be a pleasant and memorable experience ,obviously you are thrilled. To know that someone is taking the pains to do something so extravagant for you, the feeling is ethereal.

While she was thinking all these, the car halted and she was happily shocked to see she was standing in front of the lonavala farmhouse, that Kabir owned, the place where she met Manik informally for the first time. This place had many memories of them together- the first sharing of chocolate, the first time she called him by his first name, the night beside the pool - everything came rushing back to her and tears formed in her eyes, recalling the long journey they had traversed together. She entered the farmhouse, pushing open the door, and the ambience swept the ground off her feet. It was all balloons, white and silver all over the roof , floor and everything was looking beautiful.