Merome : Heal You

~Chapter 1~

~Mitch's POV~

I walked down the hallway of my high school, rushing to get to my first period class. My hand was holding my iPod, my thumb sliding across the slick surface every time I scrolled down my tweet list.

My poka-dotted noodle ran down to my fingertips. Touching the greedy screen every once and a while. The hoodie was slung carelessly over my head, hiding my facial expression in a cloud of shadows. The hand that wasn't holding the device was stuffed in my pocket, a feeble attempt to warm it on this cold September day.

As I rounded the corner, I heard the terrifying voice of Brendan, then lead bully. "Hey, you!" I winced at the amount of hate that doused his words like water.

I turned slowly, balancing nervously on the balls of my feet. "Hello, Brend-"

"Cut it!" He spat angrily. He made a wild grab for my iPod and snatched it before I had time to react.

I tried to grab it back, but two of his stupid goons grabbed my arms and pinned them behind my back, making it unable to reach the device.

Brendan started scrolling through MY Twitter feed, using his big, meaty fingers.

"Um..Brend?" One of his side-kicks asked slowly, quickly dodging one of my attempts to escape. "What should we do?"

The bully flicked his wrist carelessly in our direction, probably a sign of 'Go ahead and kill him.'

I wish I was wrong.

They began landing painful punches all over my body, decorating it in blue and purple.

I cried out in pain when suddenly one of them nicked my eye. My vision blurred for a while before returning - unlike my pain, which seemed stuck to me, like a sock to static.

Finally, those faithful words left Brendan's lips. "Let 'im go, boys."

I was dropped, wincing at the pain which still coursed through me.

"Oh, yeah Brendan chuckled, and I watched him toss my iPod carelessly into my lap. "This is yours."

I whimpered with pain as they walked away, laughing, and I heard the last word come out of Brendan's mouth.

"Mistake."

~Authors Note~

New Merome!

Yes, these chapters ARE short. No more than 2 chapter in my notebook, which has small pages, so I would say...20ish paragraphs, SMALL ones! Also there's no update schedule for this. I believe WoA is more important, so I'll get to this when I do.

Anyway hope you enjoyed!