Chapter 6 - I'll Make It Better

-Chapter 6-

"Fag," Brendan muttered, landing a painful punch on my stomach. He then shifted, punching the side of my head before chucking my body across the room.

My back hit the back wall with a loud BANG and my skull, still soar from the punch, was rattled. I winced in the intense, unbearable pain. I prayed Jerome hadn't heard - if he heard, he might get nervous, and maybe even...come down.

"You stupid," one hit "tucking" two hits "faggot!"

I counted each hit in my head, ones turning into tens. Around the twenty-five mark, I started to feel really woozy - neither my brain nor body could take any of this right now.

Brendan dropped me, my head bouncing on the floor with a nauseating CLONK. My hand rested lifeless lay on my chest, the other to my side. I couldn't talk or walk - I was completely powerless.

"Be back Thursday." The lead bully snickered, giving me one last kick.

I lay there, coughing in pain as I heard the door slam behind him and his posy as they walked out of my house. There was a bang from upstairs, and I suddenly remembered e precious person I had instructed to hide up there.

"J-Jerome...!" I called weakly, my voice raspy and even deeper than usual. THHERE was another bang, some thumping, and then a soft and comforting voice.

"Mitch..." I felt gentle, strong arms wrap around my and lift me up. My head was repositioned, so I was now laying on Jerome's lap.

"You'll be okay." He sounded so confident, so sure that what he was saying was one-hundred percent true. I forced my eyes to open, seeing his eyes - crystal blue, beautiful eyes - staring down at me with pure worry. He reached up, brushing the bloodied hair out of my face. I whimpered lightly in pain.

"You'll be fine, I promise." The bacca reassured once more, speaking gently and lowly, as if one octave higher could send me shattering. "I've got you."

I smiled lightly as my eyes began to close. I knew this feeling - I had felt it before - and my body began to slowly shut down.

"Mitch," Jerome said again, shaking my lightly. When that didn't work, he brought me up, holding me as close as physically possible and almost squashing me. "Mitch, come on. Please don't pass out." He urged pressing a feverish kiss to my hot and sweaty forehead. I held his hand, which he offered to me.

"J-Jerome." I stuttered, giving his hand a squeeze. I knew I wasn't dying, I was just passing out. My body was going into a temporary shut-down. Just the same, I didn't want him to worry. I didn't wanna leave him, even if it was only for a little while. "I-It hurts."

"I know, biggums." He whispered back, pressing our foreheads together. "But I've for you. And you'll never feel this pain again."

Content with his words and replaying them over and over in my head, I let his arms consume me by shrinking to them and let the darkness take control.

-Jerome's POV-

Oh

My

Fucking

God.

"Mitch." I repeated, shaking him a little faster, but not enough to hurt him. His eyes were closed and he was no longer speaking or moving. "Mitch."

Letting out a loud grunt, I heaved him up, making sure his head was laying comfortably on my chest, one hand was supporting his shoulder blades, and the other was right under his legs.

"Don't worry G. I'm not gonna let go." The anger that I had towards the man who had hurt my Mitch - MY MITCH - was unfathomable. I'm gonna kill him for doing this to the perfect angel in my arms.

I walked over to the couch, one single sentence repeating over and over in my head - Mitch was light, way too light for it to be healthy. It left me wondering when his last meal had been.

As soon as I set him down and onto the cushion, I began to check his injuries.

The scars on his wrist ran up and down, decorating the skin on his arm and thigh. He was so thin that you could basically see his bones through the flesh. The bruises from Sir. Douchebag and friends were painted on his face and torso. There was a long scrape across his forehead, the blood seeping through and dying his bangs a crimson red.

"Mitch..." I whispered. "I'll make it better, I promise."

-A/N-

HOLY CRAP 2 IN ONE DAY THATS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE XD ANYWAYS IM STARTING A LITTLE MINI CONTEST

I WANT YOU GUYS TO DRAW A PICTURE OF JEROME TAKING CARE OF MITCH (CARRYING HIM, BANDAGING, CLEANING, SIMPLY HIM LOOKING AG MITCH ON COUCH, SOMETHING LIKE THAT).

EITHER PUT IT ON TABLE AND HASHTAG IT #TheAbandonedAngel (ILL LOOK LATER) OR SEND IT TO MY EMAIL 1kittykat123@gmail.com I WOULD PUT IT ON TUMBLR THOUGH, CAUSE IM A LOT MORE LIKELY TO SEE IT :)

LOVE YOU GUYS!! :3