Chapter 16 - On The Water

-Chapter 16-

The next morning, everyone in the house (and by everyone, I mean Mitch and I) got up a little bit earlier.

The first thing I had done was grinned, sat up and kissed his forehead softly, taking his fingers with mine and intertwining them slowly. His thumb pressed against my knuckles, softly moving up and down over them, a motion that obviously calmed the both of us.

It was a bright, sunny day ; the hot rays emptying into our large room. The warm comforters hugged both of us, puffed and fluffy, practically begging for us to stay with them for just a few moments longer.

However, I had an idea for the day, and I didn't want to miss out due to sleeping in.

Deciding that there was no reason for Mitch to get up, I pulled myself from our perfect bed, reaching up and hearing the loud snapping of my muscles.

A smile was perminently grazed on my lips, the knowledge of my plan making the day five times more exciting.

---

"JEEERROOOMMME." The boy groaned behind me, grabbing at my sleeve and tugging as hard as he could. I simply smiled, shaking my head.

"No. I'm not telling you." I gave a sneaky glance down at my backpack, which I had said I needed for today planned activity. In reality, it was just there to hide the things I really DID need.

"But I wanna knnoooowwww!" He whined further, standing on his toes and poking my cheek over and over. I laughed at his child-like behavior, reaching out and grabbing his forefinger in my fist.

"Don't worry," I leaned over, kissing his forehead softly. "You'll know soon. Now get in the car."

Another loud groan escaped from his impatient lips, but he complied, opening the door and climbing onto the seat. He immediately reached for the radio, turning on the station that always seemed to play his favorite band, Approaching Nirvana.

A smile spread across his face at the sound of the catchy music, before he leaned his head back, closing his eyes tightly and inviting the warmth of sleep.

I grinned. He was sleeping, even better. Now he wouldn't see the place until we actually got there.

I took a deep breath, grinning from ear to ear, ready for the long drive ahead.

-Mitch's POV-

"H...Huh...?" Mitch said softly, his eyes fluttered open to look at the area around him. His vision was blurry and uneven, causing for him to need a few moments to focus.

Once he did, though, he was thoroughly confused.

The wind was strong, cold and thwapping against his head, and he could feel the ground shuddering and moving underneath him. He glanced around, rubbing his eyes slowly, and trying to take in where he was.

"Oh, goodmorning." Jerome grinned from the boats steering wheel, keeping it steady as they rushed across the lake, creating a rippling mess behind them. "You were asleep, so I just carried you on."

Mitch looked around, still confused, and slowly got up, only to almost immediately topple over. He let out a squeak as he landed on his butt, cringing from the pain that shot up his spine.

"Sorry!" Called Jerome. "I can't take my hands off the wheel!"

Once Mitch had gotten himself up, and was basically clinging onto Jerome in hopes of not falling, he finally began to speak.

"Why are we on a boat?" He called, having to raise his voice over the roaring of the waves being separated in the wake.

"My dad called me yesterday saying his old boat was fixed," Jerome called back. "So I decided to take you on a little ride!"

Then, just like everything, they stopped.

The lake became calm once more, the wind stopped roaring in protest, and everything seemed to settle back into a comfortable place.

Jerome had quickly taken the key out of the engine, seeing that they were far enough out to be left alone. He stretched around, leaning his head forward and pressing an unexpected kiss to the others lips.

"Goodmorning, by the way." He grinned, and somehow accomplished to pull one from the other male as well. His arms instinctively wrapped around the smallers waist, and he pressed him close, feeling his heart beating wildly from surprise.

"It's not over yet," he grinned, gently pulling away from their hug and walking over to one of the compartments. He reached inside, curling his fingers around his backpack and heaving it back up with a grunt.

"What's that...?' Mitch asked softly, lowering himself to the ground and sitting with his legs crossed. Jerome just grinned in response, opening the zipper and inside.

From the small space, he pulled a large, checkered blanket. The moment Mitch saw it, a grin spread across his face, because he knew exactly what they were doing.

They were having a picnic on the water.

-A/N-

OKAY THERE IS A REASON.

I HAVE OFFICIALLY STARTED WRITING FIELD OF FLOWERS.

I AM PLANNING ON WRITING THE FIRST TEN CHAPTERS IN ADVANCE, SO ITS NOT TOO OVERWHELMING.

IM ABOUT HALFWAY-2/3 DONE WITH THE FIRST CHAPTER, AND I'VE BEEN WORKING ON IT FOR THREE DAYS. MOST OF THAT TIME WAS COMING UP WITH THE MINOR IDEAS AND SMALL THINGS THAT WOULD MAKE THE STORY MORE INTERESTING OR MORE COHERENT.

IM EXPECTING IT TO COME OUT ONCE TORNADO HAS ENDED AND THIS IS AT ABOUT 25-30 CHAPTERS, BUT IT REALLY DEPENDS ON WHEN IM DONE WITH THE 10 PRE-WRITTEN CHAPTERS.

SEE YA!