Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Iwaizumi smiled sheepishly while scratching the back of his neck, unable to look right into Oikawa's eyes. Silence enveloped the atmosphere between them. The brunette wanted to open his mouth and speak, but he utterly failed as words betrayed him whenever he tried to do so.

"Uhmm," Iwaizumi hummed, finally getting the courage to meet him in the eyes. "I really feel bad, and you can't blame me. Can I treat you for some coffee or something?"

Oikawa didn't want him to feel that he was asking for something as compensation for what he did. In fact, he wasn't supposed to make a big deal out of it in the first place.

"Oh, you don't have to." He politely declined, but the raven-haired was so persistent.

"Please uhmm..." He stopped midway, circling his left hand in thin air, and Oikawa didn't get what he exactly meant at first.

"Oikawa," he chuckled when he finally realized Iwaizumi's struggle.

"Oikawa, right." Iwaizumi blushed. "Please Oikawa, it would greatly lessen my guilt if you would allow me."

He was left with no choice but to agree, the man was pushy anyway, not that it bothered him. "There's a bakery in the town square, it's just a few steps from here and I actually have a pending order there. Is the bakery fine?"

"S-Sure!" Iwaizumi began to buckle on his own words. "I-I uhmm, the bakery would be great!"

"Are you okay?" Oikawa found himself chuckling at his expense. Was he really that intimidating? Or was it just natural for him to stammer when talking to someone?

He didn't care. He looked cute, nevertheless.

Oikawa shoved his hands in his pocket as he started to stroll, Iwaizumi following close behind. He knew the man wasn't that familiar with the place yet, being a newcomer to town.

"S-Sorry, I don't know what's happening to me either." Iwaizumi expelled a deep breath. "But I usually stutter when talking to someone I just met." Lie. Of course they met prior to this. He pranced faster, until he was able to catch up with Oikawa.

Oikawa could feel his heart beating fast, like it was in some kind of a marathon, whenever his right shoulder bumped with Iwaizumi's as they walked. He found himself smiling like an idiot when he inhaled his manly scent once more. The scent was very soothing, very pleasant to his senses.

He could see Iwaizumi observing the place in his peripheral. His face brightened, like he was a child who was taken by his parents to a nearby carnival for the first time. Oikawa loved the way his smile curved up his lips, it was so genuine, so innocent, like he could do someone no harm.

"I-Is there dirt on my face?" Oikawa had not realized that he was staring at him this whole time, he shook his head vehemently and hung his head low as his cheeks gained a rosy tint.

"N-No, sorry I didn't mean to." Oikawa smiled awkwardly.

It wasn't long before they reached the bakery, and Oikawa immediately pushed the glass door and stepped over the threshold, Iwaizumi following shortly.

Daichi and Suga were laughing at something at the counter, they lifted their heads up when they heard the wind chimes making noise and stared wide-eyed at Oikawa. Their gaze, then followed Iwaizumi, whose eyes scanned the place.

"Uhmm, what do you want?" Iwaizumi asked Oikawa when they reached the counter. The brunette was blinking at the two, who shot a teasing look at him.

Suga smiled and dismissed Daichi, the latter going back into the kitchen. The ashen blonde then squinted his eyes at Oikawa, who was obviously uncomfortable under his stares.