Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Oikawa flopped on Iwaizumi's couch. His arms extended on the backrest as long as it could go, lifting his head up and his eyes fluttered to a close. His nose crinkled at the sound of raindrops tapping against the room's window, the earthy stench of the streets outside that were washed off by the pouring rain assaulted his senses.

He slowly opened his eyes, and though it was raining outside, the sun still beamed golden rays up high. The sunlight had seeped through the small gaps in between the blinds, and it gave some kind of a dramatic effect to the carpeted floor.

Photo frames hung in a sequence on the drape-coated walls. His gaze looked at them intently, piquing his interest that it stopped for a good ten seconds observing each picture. Iwaizumi sure grew up to be a fine young man. An impending smile lingered on his lips just at the thought.

It felt weird that he was here, sitting idly in Iwaizumi's living room. It felt weird that neither of them talked about the kiss that had happened a few nights ago. Subconsciously, his tongue run around his lips, and he swore he could still relish the flavor that their kiss evoked. He could still taste Iwaizumi in them.

Since that night, his thoughts had been in disarray. What could it possibly mean? He was so sure it was Iwaizumi who initiated it, and he just returned it with equated fervor. It bothered Oikawa that every time he thought about it, his heart would gallop so fast inside his chest as if it was trying to break free from the security of his rib cage.

Red-hot shots of heat would still flare his cheeks up every time he would recall the feeling of Iwaizumi's soft lips brushing against his. They had been inseparable the past few days, they were always together, and it was troubling that no word about the kiss was spoken. Oikawa wanted to ask him, he wanted to ask why, he wanted to ask what Iwaizumi's motive was the entire time, but his fears got the better of him.

They spent the days that flew by together. And while he was spacing out from time and again, Iwaizumi was doing just fine. He didn't seem bothered, he didn't seem troubled, and not a single trace of awkwardness was on his face.

Was he even sober when it happened? Was he even fully aware? Did he even remember? A tinge of sadness hit him when he realized he was the only one disoriented. He felt a pang in his chest when he was the only one affected. To Iwaizumi, it might have just been a kiss. But to him, it meant something.

Oikawa had been losing sleep these past few nights, but it wasn't because he was doing work or something that didn't make sense. He was up majority of the night because he couldn't put himself to sleep. Oikawa constantly found himself thinking about Iwaizumi.

Ever since he first saw him in the streets, and after he graced the library looking for a good book to read, an unusual feeling started to dwell in him.

While Iwaizumi was enjoying his company, telling him how great of a friend he had been, Oikawa was falling for him. He was falling in love. And he knew that.

There was no point denying what was palpable. Kuroo noticed, Daichi noticed, Suga noticed, and even the random people that visited the library noticed how they grew fond of each other.

Iwaizumi was just so dense to notice the way Oikawa looked at him. To think that Oikawa wasn't the type of guy who falls for someone in a short span of time, Iwaizumi sure is something else.

No matter how he tried to distract himself from the never-ending stream of thoughts running in his mind, he would always find himself back to what happened that night. As the days flew by, carrying them on the wings of both meaningful and meaningless conversations, he could never stop himself from thinking about that fateful night.