Chapter 15

Chapter 15

When the sound of Iwaizumi's car had blared from outside, Oikawa pranced hastily downstairs, not even bothering to check himself out for one final glance at the mirror. Kuroo was standing near the doorframe, an awry smile on his face.

Oikawa just grinned at him as he swept past. He couldn't deny feeling both excitement and nervousness swirl down his system, all for one reason – tonight was going to be their first official date.

He tried to get Iwaizumi to speak the night before. He had plans, but none of them he told Oikawa. And he was glad he kept it that way, lest the excitement would've gone off completely if it were otherwise.

Iwaizumi was smiling wide when he entered his car. The look on his face was more than words he'd come to gather. The man was dashing. He sported an olive green shirt and a pair of cream-colored shorts that fell slightly above his knees.

"Just as you requested," Iwaizumi said, like he had somehow accessed his mind in the few minutes that Oikawa didn't utter a single word.

A smile tugged on the corners of Oikawa's lips. He closed the car's door and right when he had settled, Iwaizumi leaned close and planted a soft kiss on his cheek. It was sudden, and it might have left him dumbfounded had Iwaizumi not pinched the bridge of his nose and laughed.

"You're so cute," and another kiss. Oikawa was now fuming red and was unsure if he'd be able to look at him straight in the eye.

After the few silent seconds that ticked by, Iwaizumi grabbed Oikawa's chin with his fingers and made the brunette face him. Oikawa's own heartbeat roared in his ears. Being this close to Iwaizumi made the specks of silver in his teal-green orbs visible.

"I-I'm sorry," Iwaizumi flashed a sheepish smile, and a blush of his own registered on his face.

Oikawa didn't mean to make it look like he didn't like the way Iwaizumi had behaved in the past minutes that had gone. Still lost for words, Oikawa's lips just peeled into a huge grin as he kissed Iwaizumi this time. "Let's go, Iwa-chan."

Oikawa had to look away for a moment to keep from letting him see just what those kissed meant to him. It burned like wildfire all over his body, an eerie feeling howling at his every vain and cell.

Iwaizumi didn't dare speak anymore as he revved up the engine and drove. Though his eyes were perfectly fixed on the road, he was perfectly sure that he was cursing himself at the back of his mind for going too far.

He saw Oikawa fidget on his seat. He was pretty sure that Oikawa kept himself busy as they passed through the quiet roads of their town. The sun was already setting beyond the horizon, and the stars started to creep up in the vastness of the night sky.

Oikawa heard himself sigh. He marveled at the beauty of the cold expanse that seemed to stretch forever ahead of them. It was perfect; everything was perfect.

He still couldn't help but wonder where Iwaizumi was taking him, but his queries were answered a few minutes later when he recognized the uneven asphalt streets that were smeared with dirt almost everywhere. His face lit up as he gazed the place with familiarity.

"We're here," said Iwaizumi as he squeezed Oikawa's hand lightly as they skidded into a halt. He hopped off the ride and so did Oikawa as he took something from the back trunk of his car.

A giggle escaped his lips when Oikawa darted towards the lake. He ran no more than a few meters from where they parked when he stopped. His hands covered his mouth, suppressing the gasp that should've come out.