N I N E - my little dolls.

Guys made a proper book cover! Took about an hour or something! I hope you like it!

Edit: I just noticed I forgot her horns...

**You**

I sat depressed on my bed. I was making shadow puppets again, hanging them from black shadow strings on my ceiling. I played with my newest creation. Shadow strings dripped from my fingers and I twirled them through the air. They were like little streamers. I sighed and attached a string to it. I twisted it around my finger. I hung it on my ceiling with a tentacle. I stared at it as it spun around softly. There were a lot of them hanging from my ceiling. I sighed and thought. I haven't seen my hellhound since I blacked out and it's been four days. I stopped leaving my room and I was no longer hungry. I've just been making puppets of everyone in the mansion. Making them detailed and beautiful. I haven't used my true form since... That day.

~flashback~

I went to retrieve my hoodie from the infirmity. When I got to the infirmity EJ was sitting on the bed I was laying on. He had my hoodie in his arms. He was muttering stuff inaudible even to my ears. Probably the mask. I opened the door with a shadowy hand and made my way inside. He looked up in surprise. Then I remembered I didn't look like me. I continued to make my way towards him. "Who are you?" He asked in a curious tone. I ignored him in fear he would recognise me. I reached forward and grabbed my hoodie. It didn't turn into a shadow. I started to float back towards the door when I stopped dead. He had reached forward and his hand went through me. It sent chills running all over my body. He pulled his hand back in shock and I faltered from the strange feeling, I turned back to my normal form and collapsed to the ground. Holding my heart. Nothing happened. No familiar beat. No pulse. All that time, even when I first arrived, it was all an illusion. I tricked myself. He tricked me, he said I could die. It was a lie. I started shaking, I couldn't help it, I bit my lip. EJ just stood there shocked. I slipped my jacket on and dashed into my room. I heard people running after me but I slammed my door shut and locked it. Someone knocked. "Go away," my voice broke. But they still left. I laid onto the bed.

~*~

He nodded, "okay, tell me if anything's changed," he said and left my room. I flopped back onto the bed and let my dolls drop from inside the ceiling back into their hanging position. I didn't tell him I was a ghost and he believes I was possessed. I sighed, I should probably tell him. Stupid EJ.

~over~

~*~

A soft knocking on my door stirred me from my sleep. It was probably him. I decided it was time to tell him. So rather then pulling the puppets into the ceiling or shadows I left them to hang. "Who is it?" I croaked. The door slowly opened and a head popped in, someone I wasn't expecting to see stood there. Painter and I haven't talked or even seen each other since that day. I quickly looked away from his gaze. I sat up on my bed and hugged my knees. He walked inside. He attempted to touch my puppets but his hand went through them. He looked at them curiously. "I'm sorry," he started, "I was just surprised, I really don't want you to hate me," he looked at his feet. I looked up at him, "I thought you hated me," I said quietly. "What?! No!" He exclaimed. He sat next to me on my bed. "Is everyone else mad at me because I left like an idiot and sent them on a wild goose chase looking for me?" I asked, instantly regretting it, I wasn't sure I wanted to here the answer. "No, we're worried. You haven't come out in days," he said. "Oh," was all I could say. "What are these? They're beautiful," he said pointing at my dolls. I snapped the shadow string of one above me and let it fall into my hand. "Do you want to touch them?" I asked. He nodded. I grabbed his hand and drew a star on it in shadow. Then I put it in his hand. He held it up to his face. "Wow, that's so cool!" He put it up to his face and observed it. "It looks like me!" He exclaimed. I nodded, "I wasn't sure about the mask so I made two," I said quietly and dropped another into my hand. I held it out and he held it in his other hand. "You made these?!" He exclaimed. "Yeah, you can have one if you like," I said while nodding, "I'll hang it up in your room since the ink will wear off." "Really? I can have one?" I could hear the joy in his voice, lucky him, all I feel is sad, though I'm relieved we are friends again. "Can I have this one?" He asked holding up the maskless one. I nodded and twirled the shadow strings around the one he didn't want, I hung it to my ceiling again. The ink wore off and the other one fell to the bed, ink doesn't wear off objects so it stayed like that. I attached a string to that and for the first time in four days, I left my room. The lights from the hall his my eyes and made me cower but I continued forward. He followed behind me silently.