Warrior Wounds

"Where the hell is the car?!" Gilbert uttered, his eyes wide and voice panicked as the two looked back and forth down the street in awe. Matthew's heart pounded as he realized that his parents were going to kill him.

"If we don't get to my house in ten minutes I'm grounded for life." Matthew muttered, looking at Gilbert with a fearful glance.

"Well then we better start running" Gilbert spoke, grabbing Matthew's wrist and pulling him into the street. Matthew yelped in surprise but continued running with him, sprinting until both ran out of breath at the end of the street.

"We can't just sprint to my house! Hockey players don't do long distance running!" Matthew complained, catching his breath as they stopped at the end of the street.

"Well we can't get to your house in ten minutes if we don't sprint!" Gilbert shot back, trying not to laugh as Matthew panted next to him.

"My house is five miles away, there's no way we're getting there in ten minutes. I'll just accept my fate. After I get home I'll be grounded until I'm forty" Matthew exclaimed dramatically. Gilbert jabbed him in the ribs.

"Stop being so pessimistic! We can just tell your parents that my car got stolen or towed or whatever actually happened to it! There's no point in sulking. We can walk, and if it's your last hour of freedom, at least we're spending it together" Gilbert preached, eliciting a laugh from Matthew. Matthew knew he was screwed, but he also knew Gilbert was right. At least they're together.

Matthew smiled in defeat and grabbed his boyfriend's hand, starting the couple's hour walk back to Matthew's house. The two walked in silence for a little bit, just enjoying each other's company as they walked through the suburban streets of their town at 1am. It wasn't until Gilbert tripped over a pothole and landed face first into the concrete that the silence broke. Matthew started hyterically laughing as Gilbert picked himself up off the ground, scrapes littering his wrists.

"I can't catch a break..." Gilbert groaned, brushing the dirt off his clothes and checking his scrapes as Matthew continued to chuckle by his side. Gilbert rolled his eyes at his giggly boyfriend before Matthew stopped laughing and lifted Gilbert's arms, placing a kiss on each one of his scrapes.

"Now your warrior wounds are all better" Matthew stated with a smile.

"You're so cute." Gilbert said, his face turning slightly pink as he felt the overwhelming urge to squeeze his boyfriend or pinch his cheeks like a grandma. Matthew simply smiled and grabbed his boyfriend's hand again. The two continued walking, sharing jokes, and talking about the musical until they finally reached Matthew's house.

"We can sneak through the back. Hopefully my parents aren't still awake." Matthew whispered as the two snuck into the backyard. It seemed the only light that was on in the house was Alfred's, so Matthew had high hopes that his parents were asleep. As soon as the two reached the sliding glass door, Matthew pushed, and sighed in frustration when he realized that it was locked.

"What now?" Gilbert asked, looking at Matthew with a grim expression.

"I'll just text Alfred" Matthew replied, slipping his hand into his pocket only to realize that he had left his phone in Gilbert's car. "Shit" he whispered, eliciting a shocked gasp from Gilbert.

"I've never heard you swear before!" Gilbert exclaimed loudly, forcing Matthew to cover the boy's mouth with his hand.

"I only swear when I'm in tough situations. Now, shut up! Do you want my parents waking up and killing me in front of you?" Matthew asked, his eyebrows furrowing in frustration. Gilbert couldn't help but think that Matthew was really hot when he was angry. Matthew didn't even give him time to respond before he grabbed a pebble from the ground and threw it at Alfred's window.