Pancakes

Gilbert woke up at the feeling of something wet slobbering on his face. It felt like a tongue. "Matthew-" Gilbert began before being interrupted by another lick to the mouth. Opening his eyes expecting to see his boyfriend's face, Gilbert nearly screamed as he saw Matthew's dog Nova licking his face. At the sight of the dogs snout, Gilbert immediately flailed around on the beanbag until he fell off. 

Hearing Matthew hysterically laughing from across the room, Gilbert looked up in embarassment and scowled, making Matthew laugh even harder. 

"Is he a good kisser?" Matthew asked, barely containing his laughter as Gilbert sat on the floor with a frown and a slimy face. Gilbert shook his head in annoyance and got up from the ground, trying to rub the grogginess and saliva out of his eyes. His white hair was sticking in every direction, and he looked like he had just woken up from 6 years of sleep, so Matthew decided to keep the teasing to a minimum. He had never interacted with Gilbert in the early morning, but he assumed the German wasn't very much of a morning person.

Matthew was surprisingly fully functional in the morning. He loved waking up early to make breakfast for himself and Alfred, and he generally liked going for walks in the morning with the dogs. Gilbert on the other hand, was a train wreck. Gilbert was often one to put the cereal in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard after making himself a bowl of cereal in the morning. He had fallen down the stairs an inumerable amount of times from being so drowsy, and he often pissed off Ludwig with the amount of times Gilbert accidentally used his toothbrush. 

"What time is it?" Gilbert asked, his voice coming out slightly raspier than usual as he tried to wake himself up with a few light slaps to the face. 

"I just finished walking the dogs so it's probably around eight o'clock. I'm going to make some pancakes if you'd like to join me" Matthew replied, gesturing towards the stairs to the first floor. Gilbert's eyes widened in shock that Matthew had managed to wake him up so early, but he quickly got over it when he realized that Matthew's pancakes were probably worth the early morning rise. 

Before following Matthew up the stairs, Gilbert quickly threw a shirt on so that he wouldn't be half naked in front of Matthew's family. But as soon as they got upstairs, Gilbert noticed the house was empty. 

"Where are your parents? Where are Alfred and Arthur?" Gilbert questioned, looking around the house as Matthew led him into the kitchen.

"My parents left for Los Angeles again and I'm pretty sure those two are still sleeping" Matthew responded, successfully sliding into the kitchen with his fuzzy socks on. Gilbert laughed at his ridiculous looking socks and looked over at him with a content smile on his face. Matthew always kept Gilbert thinking about how lucky he was to have such a cute  boyfriend. 

Gilbert sat down at the breakfast bar and rested his chin in his hand as he watched his boyfriend glide across the slippery kitchen floor to grab the ingredients to make the pancakes. First, he slid to the fridge and took out the butter, milk, and eggs, and then he slid over to the cupboard to grab the dry ingredients. After setting them down on the island, Matthew did a little twirl on the polished floor and grabbed the griddle from another cabinet. Gilbert continued laughing at Matthew's ridiculous movements and surprisingly graceful slides around the kitchen as he grabbed the chocolate chips and the golden syrup from the fridge. 

"Matthew, answer me this. Why would you ever play hockey if you have such graceful figure-skating moves?" Gilbert joked, eliciting a giggle from Matthew, who was now whisking all the ingredients together in a large bowl. 

"Honestly Gilbert, I don't know. Why don't you own dogs? If you love making out with them so much you should probably own one!" Matthew shot back, making Gilbert's jaw drop at the utter amount of sass that had escaped the Canadian's mouth. Pretending to feel offended, Gilbert clutched his chest dramatically and scoffed, generating a proud smile from Matthew.