Chapter |~22~|

Enjoy.
Comment.
Please
I want attention
Pls.
Ily all
But
I want comments.
I'm lonely.
~

Will gingerly slung his legs over the bed, holding onto Nico's hands tightly. He pulled himself onto his feet, his knees almost buckling underneath him. He'd walked since the accident, but that had been out of either pure adrenaline to pee, or see Nico.

Nico's arms wrapped around his waist to keep him upright. Will grit his teeth and pulled away slightly, his ankles feeling like jelly. Nico drew patterns on his hips, "Can I let go?"

Will nodded nervously as Nico let go of his waist and he kept his hands glued to the shorter boy's shoulders. "Thank you," Will sighed.

Nico smiled, "What are boyfriend's for?" He paused. "Well, normally they're for being a masculine force in a relationship-"

"Don't start ranting about 'being- gay -is -weird -because it's -not -what -other -guys- are -like' talk." Will pleaded and attempted to take a shaky step.

"How do you go to the bathroom if you can barely stand?" Nico teased.

Will blushed, "I normally get walked to the bathroom."

Nico laughed and wrapped an arm around his waist. "Where do you wanna go?"

"The vending machine. I want Doritos."

Nico hummed and helped him out the door, saluting Dr. Solace sarcastically.

"Why are you so cheerful?" Will inquired.

"It would be nice if the last few months of my life were happy," Nico said bluntly.

Will bit his lip, keeping his response to himself. Nico apologized quietly.

After an awkward silence full of limping and almost tripping, they arrived at the vending machine. Nico pulled out a two dollar bill from his pocket, grinning at Will. He 'ordered' the Doritos and handed them to Will, lowering him down on a nearby chair outside of a room. He squatted down in front of him.

"You doing okay?" He asked, brushing his blonde hair out of his face.

Will nodded, "Yeah. But I'd appreciate it if you didn't constantly bring up the fact that you're dying."

Nico sighed, "Do you want me to ignore the truth?"

Will made a small noise and rested his head on Nico's shoulder. Nico wrapped his arms around him gently. "I'm here right now, okay?"

Will nodded, "I know. I just don't want you to leave-"

Nico's weight suddenly slacked against Will, causing the older boy to lift his head. Nico's lips were foaming, and his eyes were rolled back in his head. Will resisted the urge to throw up; half in panic, half in disgust.

He fiddled with his bracelet that the doctors had given him, pressing the nurse button. He hoped the GPS had started working by now.

Larissa was just exiting the room next to them, and she nearly dropped her clipboard when she saw Nico.

"Solace, what did you do?" She demanded accusingly.

Will looked at Nico with a horrified expression on his face. "I didn't do anything, he just-" he broke off in a nervous sob.

Larissa peered back into the room, "We need you." She called.

She kneeled down next to Will and Nico. "He'll be okay, I promise. This isn't even what he's dying from." She murmured. She wrapped an arm around Will's neck and pulled him into a hug. "The disease infected his lungs. This won't kill him, this is just a symptom."

Will sobbed into her shoulder as one of the doctors put Nico on a stretcher and pushed him away. "I don't want him to leave me."
~
I gave some of you spoilers, but they weren't huge. If you got that spoiler, you're probably expecting things from Nico. Please don't share your information :)