Chapter 19

Ring ring ring.

I blink open my eyes a few times.

Ring ring ring.

In auto mode, I reach over and pick up my cell phone.

"Hello?" I ask sleepily.

"Evie?" the voice asks.

"Yup."

"It's Bryce. You need to come to the pack doctor's house immediately. Kari is having the babies." He says.

"Just five more minutes...." I say. Hold on. What? My head snaps up and I'm wide awake. "Kari is having the babies?" I ask astonished. "I will be right there." I shout.

I end my phone call and stand up from my bed. That's when I realize two things. One, I'm not in my bed and two I'm in my underwear... I look down and see Jason knocked out next to me. What the hell happened last night? There was the party... And then I got drunk.

Did we... Oh my god. We... we had sex last night? Oh god, Kari is going to kill me... What am I going to do? No. I need to stop thinking about this right now. I need to go help Kari give birth.

Oh god, so many things about this morning are so messed up. I grab a shirt from Jason's drawer, put it on and run out to the hallway. I make my way to my room. I shut the door and quickly get dressed into a pair of leggings, uggs, and a baggy T-shirt. Okay. Now it's time to go see my sister.

I get out of my bedroom and make my way out of the pack house. I start of with a steady jog but then I begin to run, those babies won't be waiting for me if I decide to walk, I need to get there as soon as possible. I don't stop running until I reach the pack doctor's house. I get through the doors and run up to the desk with heavy breaths. I place my hands on top of the counter.

I take a moment to breath. Then I say, "Kari... She is having babies... Where?"

The lady at the front desk smiles. "Good morning Evie. She is on the third floor which is the delivery floor. Room 315." She says with a smile. I smile back. Wow, she knows my name. Thats a pleasant shock.

"Thank you so much!" I say and walk to the elevator. I finally catch my breath and press the third floor button and allow it to drag me to my destination. I tap my foot annoyed, as I listen to the crappy elevator music. God could this elevator go any slower?

Ding.

The elevator door opens. I walk out and search the halls ways for the correct room. I finally find room 315 and I slowly open the door. I see Kari on the bed looking extremely sweaty and red faced. Bryce is on her right side holding her hand. Dr. Silver is at the bottom of the bed helping the birthing process. I rush over to her side.

She looks up at me and smiles. She takes my hand in hers and says, "I'm glad you could make it Evie." I smile back.

"Me too. Now breathe missy. You have two lovely children to birth." I say. She laughs and nods.

"That I do."

******

Twelve long hours. That's how long it took for her to birth the first. Then an additional thirty minutes to birth the second, but finally they were both born.

Kari and Bryce now have two lovely kids. The older one, Ray. He's the bigger one, weighing nine pounds three ounces. While the younger one, Rain, weighs seven pound eleven ounces. She's so cute.

They are honestly the most adorable things I have ever seen in my life.

Right now, Kari is sleeping and the babies are in two little beds next to her bed. I'm napping in the room on a small chair while Bryce gets the chair that pulls out into a bed. He won in the Rock Paper Scissors Shoot battle so I had to take the small chair... Jerk.