Chapter 2

I walk to the movie room with Jason only steps behind me. I wonder what movie they want us to watch... If it's a dumb movie I'm just going to leave. I don't want to sit around and waste my night watching a dumb movie just so Ralf can cuddle with Tanya.

When we arrive I walk in to see the place filled with kids my age. I look around to try and find Rosie and Ralf. After searching for a bit, I finally see them at the front of the room chatting with Tanya and a few of her dumb blonde bimbos. I turn around to tell Jason to come with me when I notice he isn't behind me anymore. I frown and search for him.

I see him standing in the back corner of the room with a few seniors like himself and a few junior who play varsity football with them. I roll my eyes. Of course he had to go hang out with his football buddies. Why do I even bother bringing him to these things. I decide it's best to just go talk to Rosie and Ralf because Jason will just be too absorbed in a football conversation to even acknowledge me.

I walk to the front of the room and stand between Rosie and one of the blonde bimbos. Her name is Fiona I think, she's a cheerleader...

"Hey Ev." Rosie says as I reach their circle. She looks at me and gives me a 'help me get out of here' look. I give her a half smile and a shrug because there isn't anything I can do.

"So did you guys hear?" Fiona says to the groups we are in. All heads snap up to look at here and Tanya gives her a dirty look.

"Did we hear about what Fiona." She says to her viciously. Jeez, I thought they were friends... Remind me never to get on Tanya's bad side.

"About the transfer students. I hear there are about six of them coming in. Isn't that cray-cray?" She says and flips her blonde hair over her shoulder. I roll my eyes.

"Oh yeah, I heard that the guys who are coming in are really hot." The other blonde says as she observes her perfectly manicured nails.

Tanya smirk. "Oh yeah. I heard that two of the boys are extremely good football players." she turns to Ralf and winks at him, "Obviously not as good as you are, but I hear that one is a quarterback and the other is a running back." I see Rosie fake gag and I laugh silently to myself.

"I call the quarterback." Fiona says. "I have a thing for guys with nice arm muscles." She says. Oh god, why am I hanging around these fools right now.

Suddenly the lights shut off, and I hear everyone walking around to find their seats. Damn, I don't even know what movie is playing yet! I walk over to a couch and sit down. Rosie sits on my right. The opening scene begins to play and I try to figure out what movie it is. Suddenly I feel an arm get drapped over my shoulder and I look I my left.

I smile as I see that it is only Jason. "Sorry I ditched you earlier. I was taking to the boys about football. Apparently we have some new guys coming in and they are really good. Frank is going to be pissed though if this quarterback turns out to be as good as everyone says." he whispers. Frank is our quarterback now. He is in my grade so at least it's not his senior year.

"Well Frank should just consider what's best for the team and be happy with that." I state and look back at the screen.

"Yeah yeah. I would be pissed though if one of these new guys came in and took my spot as wide receiver." He says. I look at him and feign a shocked expression.

"Be better than you, why Jay, no one could ever be a better wide receiver than you!" I say exasperatedly. He gives me a dirty look then gently pushes me into Rosie.

Rosie gives me a dirty look and says, "Would you two please stop flirting, I'm trying to watch a movie here."

I roll my eyes. "We aren't flirting. But fine, sorry to bug you Sour Puss." She sticks her tongue at me and I laugh.

Jason puts his arm back around me and I casually lean on his chest. This is a normal thing for us, we are just comfortable with one another. We both know its nothing more than friendship.

As I observe the screen I notice that the movie that's playing is Fast and Furious 6. I'm pumped, I absolutely love this movie! I snuggle deeper into Jason and enjoy the rest of the movie.

******

When the movie ended it was really late so everyone went to bed. I decided to spend the night in Rosie's room so that way I could wake her up in enough time to take me to Tryouts.

All the other fall sport teams are having their tryouts too, So realistically I should just go to the school with Jason, but Rosie wanted to meet the new boys and her excuse was driving me to practice.

My alarm on my phone sounds and I hop out of her bed. I pick up my pillow and throw it at her face. It hits her with a thud and she springs up and looks around. "What was that?" she shouts and turns more. She finally sees me and sighs. "oh it was just you. Let me sleep."

"Okay, you can sleep. That means you can't see the new boys then. That's fine with me I will just go with Jason." I say as I hop around her room trying to rush to put my soccer clothes on. I hear a sigh.

"Fine, you convinced me. I will get up." she slowly gets out of bed and walks into her bathroom and closes the door. I finish putting my clothes on and I go to leave her room.

"I'm heading down to the kitchen, see you down there!"

"Yeah yeah. Save me some coffee and a piece of toast." she says in a tired voice. Of course she needs her coffee, she can't function in the morning without it.

I make my way to the kitchen to see that it is littered with boys and girls getting ready for their tryouts. It's mostly football, cheerleading, volleyball and track people. I'm the only girl that plays soccer in the pack.

"There you are. I already made you your French Toast with light syrup." I hear a familiar voice say. I smile and see Jason coming toward me with my breakfast.

"Why thank you. Could you do me one teeny tiny favor though." I say with a small smile. He sighs.

"What."

"Could you make Rosie some coffee and toast while I demolish your delicious homemade French Toast?" I ask sweetly. I see him roll his eyes.

"Fine, but only because you called my French Toast delicious." I smile and make my way to the table. I sit down and start tearing through my meal. By the time I'm done about half the people have already left the room and Rosie is just walking into the kitchen.

I see that her hair is perfectly curled and she is wearing make up... why, it is like 6 in the morning. I roll my eyes and stand to clean my dishes.

"You ready to go beauty queen." I say to her.

"Yeah after I get my--" she's cut off by Jason placing her coffee and toast onto the counter in front of her.

"For you." He says, and glares at me one last time before he goes to head out. "See you at tryouts Ev."

"See yah Jay." I say. I look at Rosie. "Okay, let's go, I want to get there early so I can warm up before everyone."

She rolls her eyes. "Try hard." she whispers loud enough for me to hear. I ignore it and lead her out to her car. She turns it on and we are off to the school for my second day of tryouts, hopefully I don't mess it up.