Medallions

Arabella's P.O.V.

After a couple more days of sailing, the mountain of an island can be seen in the distance. A fog surrounded the island, miles off the shore. We heard a pirate shout out, naming the island.

Isla de Muerta.

The Black Pearl sailed through the fog; wreckage of ships passed the cabin windows. Elizabeth stared out the window, as I paced around the room.

"We need a plan," I muttered.

Elizabeth glanced my way.

"If we escape the pirates, how do we escape the island?"

I stopped pacing and sighed.

"I don't know..."

The doors opened and we turned to see four pirates walk in. Pintel and Ragetti were two of the pirates and the others I learned were Keith and Twigg.

"Time to go, poppet," Pintel spoke, all of them staring at her.

She slowly stood, then walked towards them. Keith and Twigg grabbed her by the arms and began to lead her out onto the deck. I began to follow, but was stopped at the doors.

"Captain only wants Miss Turner," Pintel told.

"I don't care," I sent him a withering look. "She's not going by herself."

He opened his mouth, but before any words could form I pushed past him and his friend. Lizzie was at the top of the stairs, when I made my way to it. As soon as I took the first step, Pintel and Ragetti grabbed my arms, hindering me from going any further.

"I'm going as well," I said loudly, gaining Barbossa's attention.

"Is that so?" He asked, smirking.

I nodded resolutely.

Barbossa was quiet, no doubt contemplating my joining them. After a moment, he nodded his head. With their captain's permission, Pintel and Ragetti led me up the stairs. I stood diagonally from Lizzie. Keith took two lengths of rope, giving one to Twigg, and our hands were bound. Once Lizzie's wrists were tied, she was turned around, and Barbossa came up behind her.

He gently pulled her hair away and tied the medallion around her neck. She kept her face neutral, but I knew, deep down, she was terrified.

So was I.

Soon, the long boats were readied, and everyone but two men climbed into the boats. As the boats were rowed to shore, Lizzie and I sat side by side in the same boat, while Barbossa was in the leading boat.

The boats were coming to large cave, which I assumed was the entrance. I began to hope and pray that help will arrive soon. Hopefully Commodore Norrington is close behind us.

Soon, the boats docked on the rocky shores of the cave. Twigg grabbed the rope keeping our hands tied, and dragged Lizzie and I out of the boat. We walked through the tunnels and arrived in a huge cavern. We gazed at the gold, silver, and anything of value littering the large cavern. The valuables were piled in separate mounds and the pirates added more treasure to them.

"Bella," Elizabeth hissed.

I turned to her, seeing that she was staring ahead of us. I followed her gaze and saw it. In the middle of the cavern, was a huge mound full of treasure, with Barbossa standing at the top, walking around a chest.

I knew that mound was the captain's share, but it wasn't the treasure that had my attention. It was a stone chest. The chest that Barbossa said holds 881 pieces of cursed Aztec gold. Since the pirates believed Elizabeth to be a Turner, they believed her blood is going to lift their curse.