Family Bonding?

After we finished at the doctor, we went back to our apartment and ate ice cream. Just as we were finishing up our ice cream, Shawn facetimes me.

"Hey, Shawn!" I say to his face, on the screen.

"Hey, Ginger. I just wanted to see how you are doing?"

"I'm good. I had my first doctor's appointment today. It went well, the baby is fine and healthy. How about Elaine?"

"She is doing good. The baby is good too. So, when are you coming back? We haven't seen you in a while."

"Shawn, I was there yesterday!" I point out.

"I know, we just all miss you!"

"I will come over soon, I might just show up for breakfast one day."

"I'm good with that." He says, I chuckle.

"You couldn't have missed me that much! I suppose that you miss yelling at me!"

"You know it." He says, and I laugh harder. When we are all done laughing he says good-bye and we hang up.

Zane is doing some last minute work in his office, so I go see him..

"Knock, knock." I say, when I get to his office. He looks up and smiles weakly and then goes back to work. I walk over to him, and force his arms apart. I sit in his lap and stare at him.

"What?"he asks.

"Why are you stressing yourself out?" I ask, concerned.

"I'm not!"

"Don't lie to me and I can feel it. Besides, it's stressing the baby!"

"Oh, really? You're playing that card?"

I smile, "Yes!"

"Oh, fine. I guess I can't say no to the baby!" he says, and I playfully punch his arm.

"I'm kidding. Let's go!"Zane says, and carries us to bed.

The next morning I wake up early and go to my brother's house. Everyone is just arriving.

"Hey, guys!" I say, as I walk in. They are all in the kitchen.

"Ginger!"Jewels says, and wraps me in a tight hug. "How are you?"

"Currently being crushed!" I point out. She lets go.

"Oh sorry." She lets out a chuckle.

"It's okay," I say, and we walk all the way into the kitchen.

My brothers all get up and hug me. Shawn is last. He whispers in my ear and says he wants to talk to me.

"Now or later?"

"Um, we can do it later." He says. I sit down.

"Ginger, where is your mate?"Annabeth asks.

"Um, he's most likely sleeping."I say with a chuckle because its true. I told him that I was coming here last night, so he knows.

"Oh, how are you guys doing?"

"We are good. I just had a doctors appointment yesterday, and he came."

"Why? Those are so boring. Who wants to hear about girls' periods?"

"It's was that kind of appointment. Besides, I wouldn't let him come to that! It was my first time having an appointment like this!"

"What kind was it? A pregnancy kind?"Waylon jokes. A few boys chuckle.

"Yeah, how did you know?" I say, and they stare with wide eyes, then start laughing. We all stare at them.

"Great joke, Ginger!" they say.

"It's not a joke." I say simply.

"WHAT!! Your pregnant!" They scream. They all start yelling at me.

After a few minutes of this, Shawn speaks.

"Enough!" he says, in his Alpha voice. We all look at him.

"You are alright with this?"Ty yells.

"Yes, she told me a few weeks ago. This is her life, she has a mate, she's getting married, she can take care of her self and a baby."

"You're getting married?" the bunch asks. I give Shawn a look. He mouths 'sorry'.

"Yes, Zane proposed a few weeks ago!"

"This can not happen. You can't get married," They say. I feel my eyes filling up with tears.

"I thought you would be happy," I say, and run up to my room. I start crying, until the ringing of my phone stops me. Zane.

I answer the phone, and before I can say "Hello," he is on me.

"What's wrong?"he asks.

I wipe away tear. "What? Nothing! Everything is fine!" I say.

"DO NOT lie to me!" he growls, the alpha tone seeping through.

"I told my brothers and they aren't happy,"

"About the baby?"he questions.

"Yes,"

I hear some sound, that I can't tell what it is.

"Why? Why couldn't you just wait for me! You get to tell all these people and I don't! It's my pup too! I'm the dad! I am so excited too! Why?"

"Because this is my brothers we are talking about. You get to tell my best friend, and now you think you can tell my family."

"You are my family, your family is my family." He says.

"If it were you who told my brothers, you would be dead right now. I don't have a doubt in my mind, that they are planning your death right now."

He lets out an frustrated breath.

"You couldn't wait to tell them together!" He growls.

"It's done now, let it go. All the fighting is not going to work when the baby comes,"

"Well, maybe it's best if I'm not there when the baby comes."

"What are you saying? You don't want to be in the room or you don't want to see your pup at all?"

"I don' t know. Maybe this isn't working anymore..." He trails off. 

"What? Us? Zane! We are mates. The moongoddess put us together for a reason."

"I don't know. Listen I've got to go-"

"No, you don't! Don't do this Zane, don't do this to your pup." I plead, but he just hung up.