Chapter 16: hell

Not only is my ankle broken, Matt is fucking around with some other girl.
They're always texting and talking on the phone even when I'm around! Excuse me Matt I thought you were at my place to spend time with me, not spend the entire time talking with another girl.

"Hey mind if I go? Katie offered me some food maybe I'll bring you some?"

I glared at him. Why would he leave me alone? I'll just order pizza or something but after all he is my boyfriend and I can't be one of those crazy girlfriends who always knows where my boyfriend is. I can't just tell him no, maybe he'll yell at me and I really can't handle that right now.

"Are you sure? I can order pizza" I said while watching him hurry around my room finding all of his things and stuffing them into his backpack.
I heard his phone buzz and he checked it and got even more tense.

"Yeah, I'm sure. She's already here I got to go bye!" He said running out leaving me in my bed.

"Matt! Wait!" I yelled after him. I'm supposed to stay in bed and elevate my ankle but I have to confront him about this. I need him in my life, I love him with all my heart I can't just let him fall in love with another girl. Am I not worth it?
I run straight after him wincing with pain.

"The hell do you want? She's waiting!" He yells back. Vic isn't here, he's hanging out with his friends at Mike's house, celebrating their successful tour, trusting Matt to take care of me.

"Matt, why are you leaving me? Vic wanted you to be here and I really want you to be here too. Why can't you just stay?"

"Don't start to bitch, Alex. She wants to hang out with me and I don't want to be here! All we do is watch mean girls and I hate hearing you complain about your damn ankle it's not even that bad."

"It's not my fault Matt-"

"Yes it is!"

"Matt-" I slightly whine and he interrupts me.

"Alex, don't start. I just want to be with her and I'm starting to become really good friends with her. I don't love you, so just please leave me alone for tonight. I'll be busy." And with that, he left. He left me all alone to wonder what it is he's actually doing with her. He left me alone to think, am I really not good enough? Does he really need something more?

I stare at the door, begging for him to come back in my mind. Praying he'll someday realize how much I love him. He just doesn't understand.

Fuck.

Reality washes over me as I walk towards the stairs.

Matt doesn't love me.

I collapse on my bed and cover myself with my blankets and press play on my movie. I can't think, I'm completely numb with that he just told me.

Just sleep......

**

Next day...

I woke up to the sounds of birds chirping outside. I slowly stand up and winced at the pain in my ankle, completely oblivious to my memory of last night.

Matt doesn't love me...

Just as I walk in the living room I hear a loud snore coming from the couch. At first, I think it's Vic hungover from his night of partying. I look over and see it's Matt. And about 5 shooters laying on the floor.