Chapter 17: Unloved

OKay. GuYs. I've had the HARDEST year so far. I'm here to keep writing and keep you happy but in return can you please send some love my way? Send your love and good energy I am desperate to feel better. If you want I can explain why I've been gone for so long. I love you guys. Keep reading! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matt's POV

I slam the door shut behind me and walk to Katie's car. What the fuck is she talking about? Alex doesn't need a fucking babysitter. She doesn't need anyone to look after her. I don't want to keep listening about her ankle, she only whines about problems and never comes up with any solutions!

"Hey Matt!" I hear Katie say from her car. 

"Hey." I reply and get in. We drive to five guys and get something to eat. While we sit down and eat, I tell her everything about Alex that pisses me off. I feel extremely guilty but I dont know what else to say, Alex is the only thing on my mind. 

"Why don't you just break up with her? She sounds like such a bitch." Katie says. The bitch part made me wince, I told myself I would never talk about my beautiful Alex in that way. But I can't stop myself. I can't defend her.

"I don't know, I don't even know if I want to." I say, remembering what I said to her right as I walked out that door. I don't love you.

Do I really mean that? What has gotten into me? I'm in deep shit, there's no coming back from something like that. I think we did just break up tonight, I don't know. I just hope she isn't hurting herself. Fuck okay I need to get my mind off this.

Katie and I finish and we walk around and decide to see a movie. I pay for everything including snacks, and Katie drags me into the movie by the hand. I shouldn't be here, I should be with Alex.

Vic is going to be so mad at me, everyone is going to hate me, I think Kellin is going to send me back to my mom's house if he figures out how I've been acting. 

Katie sits us down in the very back and I already know I'll be leaving before the movie's over. I can't sit and think here. I don't even like the fucking movies. She picked out some girly whatever and I just wasted like 30 dollars on her. I feel like I'm going to throw up. But... Maybe I should just enjoy being with a girl who has a genuine interest in me? I feel like I'm only Alex's cuddle buddy. She doesn't ask me about my day or how I've been. She just wants to stay in bed and watch movies and sulk in her sadness. 

About halfway through the movie I tell Katie I'm going to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and splash some cold water on myself. Pure anxiety. I wonder what Alex is doing... Fuck. I think Vic might be home, if I go back now they're both going to kill me. 

I come out of the bathroom to see Katie waiting out there for me. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask. She grabs my face and pulls me into hers, kissing me for a good five seconds. I push her back and I'm speechless. Everything keeps getting worse. 

"What the hell?" I ask.

"Don't act like you didn't want that too." She replies.

"I- I didn't?"

"I know you did. Hold this for me would you? I have to go to the bathroom too." She says handing me her purse and going into the bathroom. I zip it open, grab her car keys, and put it down on some bench. Then I run. 

I call up a friend with a fake ID.

"Hey, I'm around your neighborhood, can you get me like seven shooters? I can pick you up" I say on the phone. He agrees and I pick him up five minutes later at his place.