chapter 28

Scarlett looked up at the sky. Her wings were tucked at her side. Her heart thumping. "Do you think....we're almost there?" Eve asked. "What do you mean?" "Like, about to, be free of this forest" "I don't know" Scarlett mumbled back. Scarlett stayed silent after that. Eventually we reached the fence again, eve attempted to have her vines open it, but it didn't budge. She sighed sadly, and then she looked up. "I have a idea, what if we combine our powers?" Jennesca asked. "That may work" Electry mumbled. Scarlett picked up laurence and he giggled. Scarlett tickled him and he laughed softly. Then she set him down. "Hand" Scarlett said forcefully. Laurence handed her his hand. "Speed up" Laurence ran in circles. Scarlett took in the power he released and combined her powers with his, firing at the fence, people started joining in. The gate still refused to open. Everyone groaned. Scarlett sat herself down with a moan. "Scar?" Mara asked. "I'm fine" scarlett said and stood back up. Mara sighed and continued on. "We can't try again, some of us are too weak to do it" Shana said motioning to scarlett with her eyes. Everyone nodded. "What If we can get the wolf's to help us?" Scar said standing up. "It could work" mumbles eve. Before another word was spoken scarlett turned to her wolf form and ran off. The others looked at each other. Eve busted out laughing. Scarlett ran faster in the forest, looking for the alpha den. She barked happily at the sight of it and carries herself confidently to the entrance. "State your business" "I'm here to see the alpha" "name?" "Scarlett" some of the wolf's started to whisper. "Go inside" Scarlett walked inside, the alpha sitting down licking his paw. "Alpha" "Yes scarlett?" "I need your help" "with what?" "Opening the gate" "now why do you need help with that?" "We can't open it, no matter how hard we try" "Why do you need us?" "The bars don't hurt you, you could bite it and attempt to rip it off while we use magic hitting the gate above you guys" "a reaction? Are you sure?" "Very" "very well then, All available wolf's to my den now!" His voice said booming. Howling erupted from the air, and most of the wolf's in the pack came running to the den. The first wolf in waited for the other wolf's to arrive then stepped forward and said "Yes alpha? We heard your call" "We are going to try to open the gate!" Half the wolf's growled the others howled snarled or a few agreed eagerly. "No offense but thats, impossible" "No things are impossible." The alpha growled back, all the wolf's tucked their tale, and scarlett repositioned herself like she was alpha female next to the alpha. "Me and scarlett will go on our own, the others take your own path!" The wolf's barked in agreement. "Alpha?" "I'm in need of telling u something." "Yes?" "I'm not just a wolf" Scarlett laughed. "Why, that's the best joke you have made all day!" The alpha snarled at her. "Your not kidding?" "Of course not, I'm like you, a human but can be a wolf" "Show me" he turned normal and as did scarlett. She looked at him. "Wow" She mumbled softly. "Wow indeed" He said than turned back wolf, scarlett did to. "Lets head out" the alpha ran out scarlett ran forward, following. She lead him to the area where the pack was waiting. " I can do this" Scarlett mumbled to herself and turned normal. "I assume u got them to come to us?" "Yup! "They are gonna bite the fence and pull while we use our powers to try to open the gate." Everyone nodded and the wolfs walked forward. They all grabbed the gate and started pulling, and one by one. Jennesca, scarlett, mara,shana, eve, electry, and Laurence joined in. The gate slid open, and everyone gasped, some of the wolf's howled in surprise and the alpha barked happily, I turned into my wolf form and bowed my head at the alpha. "Thank you, we are in your debt, you can come with us, you know" "I don't know, I would enjoy it, being able to go back home." "Then do it" a wolf walks forward. "Alpha what do you mean?" "I am more than a wolf" he said, than turned into his human form, everyone gasped, I turned normal too. "We're filthy, I just realized!" Eve said with a chuckle. "Then let's go get cleaned up!" Electry said and they all said running into the city, finally free of the forest of fears.