Chapter 3

Mackenzie's POV

I walked down my street and looked at the many many decorations. I looked around and saw the small kids playing in the snow.

They made snowmen and snow angels. They had snowball fights and had fun.

I wish I could just go back and be small again and play all these games, and Maddie would come and have fun with me. Then we'd go inside and watch movies and bake.

I know it's a few months away but, when Maddie goes to college I'm going to miss her so much. No matter how annoying she gets, she's still my best friend.

I get so caught up in my thoughts I just let my feet take me wherever. Eventually I look up and notice that I'm in the park down the street from my neighborhood.

I shrugged and continued walking. Yet again I'm wrapped in my thoughts and don't pay attention to what I'm doing or where I'm going.

I'm snapped back into reality when I'm laying on the snow covered ground.

"I'm so sorry!" Someone says.

I'm helped up and looked at the person I ran into.

I'm lost for words. He's really cute, he has brown hair, and green eyes. I kind of recognize him from somewhere. But I don't know where.

"Oh... um it's fine" I stumble over my words.

He smiled and so do I. "So, what's you're name?" He asks.

"I'm Mackenzie. What about you?"

"Johnny, we go to school together don't we?" he says.

I hesitated for a moment then remembered that's where I've seen him. I've never actually talked to him but I've seen him.

"Ya, don't you have a sister too?" I ask.

"Ya, I have three. Two older and a younger one you probably know her though. Lauren?" He explained.

I nodded in response. "Ya I have classes with her" I say.

We talk for awhile, and eventually it gets dark out. "I think I should head home" I say.

He nodded and stood up. "Wanna exchange numbers?" He asked.

I nodded and we handed each other our phones and put our numbers in our phone.

"Want me to walk you home? We can talk a little more" he suggested.

"Are you sure? Is it out of your way?" I ask.

"Well I live down the street from you. I've seen you walk out of your house a lot" he smiled.

"Oh okay well sure."

We started walking and we continued our conversation. "So why'd you go out for a walk?" He asked me.

"My sister was bothering me about not having a boyfriend, and she was trying to set me up with one of her friends brothers. My family keeps bothering me about that, so I just had to leave for a little bit" I explained.

"Really? They bother you about not dating someone?" He asked.

I nodded and laughed. "Ya I don't understand why they do it. But they do" I shrugged.

"So what about you? Why were you put for a walk?"

"I had to leave too. My girlfriend broke up with me and I was going to go to the dance with her, but now I can't find a date. So I was just trying to figure things out" Johnny tells me.

I nodded and then a thought came to mind. And I think he did too. We both looked at each other with the same look.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" He asked.

"Maybe, but what are you thinking?" I question.

"We can use each other for our own problems. So I'll pretend to be your boyfriend so your family can stop bothering you. And you can be my date to the dance" he suggested.

"Bingo."