Chapter 11

Johnny's POV

I get a text from Mackenzie saying that they're doing a date night and asking if I could come.

Of course I said yes, so around 5:30 I started to get ready.

I took a hot shower, since I was play hockey the whole day and I was very cold.

After I got out I go to my room and put on my clothes. I put on skinny jeans, a black button up shirt and my red Vlado high tops.

I look at my outfit in the mirror and smiled.

Of course I run downstairs and get everyone's opinion first.

"Hey what do you think? Yes or no?" I ask my sisters.

"Ya it looks good" they tell me.

I nodded and run upstairs to finish getting ready.

I did my hair and brushed my teeth, when I finished they were outside waiting for me.

So I put my jacket and scarf on and run out to the car.

I sat in the back with Mackenzie who looked stunning.

She wore black skinny jeans with black boots, a white trench coat and a red scarf.

She had curled her hair too.

She looked absolutely perfect.

I will admit I do find her very cute. But she's not interested in dating at all.

I sighed at the thought and played with my thumbs.

"So Johnny how've you been?" Maddie asked trying to start a conversation.

"I've been good, playing hockey again so I'm happy about that. What about you guys?" I responded.

"We've been good, we got Mackenzie's dress today, you're going to love it" Maddie said.

"I bet she looks amazing in it" I smiled.

Mackenzie smiled at me and held my hand.

She leaned in and kissed my cheek. "Thank you" she whispered in my ear.

We got to the restaurant and see the rest of their group at the entrance.

"Alright we're all here, let's get seated" Brooke says.

Walking inside it's not as crowded as I thought it'd be. We were seated and sat in a large booth in the corner.

I was between Mackenzie and Gino.

"So Johnny, how've you been?" Nolan asked.

"I've been good. What about you?" I say trying to start a conversation.

We all started talking. Me and the guys got along since we all like hockey. Some of them play it too.

"I've been playing hockey since I was 4" I say.

"That's awesome, you should tryout for the team! Coach needs another player since Hunter is out" Josh explained.

"I was going to try out originally, but we had a family emergency and I missed tryouts" I state.

"Go to the gym after school, we have practice Monday. It'd be great to have you on the team" Gavin stated.

"Okay I'm looking forward to it."

"So what else do you play? I'm sure you're talented at other sports" Gino asked.

"I play soccer, basketball, baseball and football. I was on the football team, then I'm going to try for soccer and baseball. But basketball I'm not going to do, I didn't like how the team worked" I responded.

"That's cool" they tell me. Before I could reply the waitress comes and we put in our orders.

"So what do you girls do?" I asked.

"We dance, all of us are on a team together" Kendall tells me.

"That's cool, is like to see you dance sometime Mackenzie" I smiled.

"She didn't tell you?" Nia asked.

"No, I didn't know she sang until you told me" I say.

"I don't tell a lot of people that" Mackenzie stated.

Our food came out moments later and we started eating.

After awhile we got desert then left the restaurant.

They drove me home and Mackenzie walked me to the door.

"Excited for the dance Saturday?" I ask.

"I'm not into school dances, but sure" she says.

"Wanna talk tomorrow? You can come here" I suggested.

"Sure. I'll see you later" she says hugging me. Then she leaves.

I walked inside and talked to my sisters for awhile.

"How was it?" Darian asked.

"Good, Mackenzie is coming over tomorrow" I state.

"We can finally meet her!" Darian and Maddie exclaim.

I laughed then went upstairs. I changed and laid on my bed.

I felt my phone vibrate.

Picking it up I look who texted me. It's my ex girlfriend.

You're up to something Johnny. I know you and Mackenzie are doing something sneaky. I will find out.