Chapter 18

Johnny's POV

We were all talking with our families until Hannah came over. She had a weird look on her face. As if she knew something.

"I know what you two are up to" she announced.

Suddenly all conversations stopped. All eyes were on us.

"What do you mean we're not up to anything" Mackenzie lied.

"Yes you are stop lying. You two aren't even dating. You're pretending to date so he could have a date to the dance and she could say she's dating someone" Hannah exclaimed.

"Hannah, they're not doing that. They're dating" my mom said.

"Oh really? Ask them" she smirked.

"Are you two actually dating?" Maddie asked.

"Yes we are" I said.

"Then why is she saying this?" Kendall questioned.

"I don't know" I lied.

"Johnny stop" Mackenzie muttered.

I turned towards her, her head hung low. I grabbed her hand and she looked up at me.

"They need to know" she tells me.

"We need to know what?" Melissa questioned.

Mackenzie hesitated and looked at me sadly. I tried to stop her but she started to talk.

"Me and John aren't dating. We just said we were so you could get off my back about not dating anyone. And so John could have a date for the dance" Mackenzie explained.

"So everything Hannah is saying is true. And I'm sorry I lied. And I'm sorry John. But thanks for everything" she said.

"But Mackenzie" I start but she cuts me off.

"I think I should go. Bye" she said emotionlessly.

I see her walking away and my heart drops. Everyone looks at me. They guys look somewhat mad, but at the same time they look sorry. Same with the girls and everyone else.

I shook my head and tried to go after Mackenzie. When I get to the lobby I see her about to leave.

"Mackenzie wait!" I shout.

She turns back and I hobble over to her considering I'm still wearing my skates.

"Johnny you helped me enough. It's okay. You can move on and date whoever you want" she tells me.

"What about you?"

"I'll do my own thing" she tells me.

"Can we still talk?" I asked.

"We can but, I think it'll be better off if we don't" she tells me.

I nodded and she walked away. Then I felt my heart shatter. This can't be how it ends. I didn't even help her with my part of the deal.

"I knew you were up to something John. You know you can't hide things from me baby. Now maybe me and you can get back together?" Hannah questions.

She wraps her arms around my neck and kisses me. I push her away.

"What's wrong babe?" She asked like nothing happened.

"Why did you do that?!" I shout.

"C'mon John you know you didn't actually care about her" she tells me.

I don't say anything. I just go to the locker room and change. I gathered my things and walked home.