Chapter 14

Friday, Johnny's POV

Tonight is my first game with the team. So today I wore my jersey to school with the rest of them.

"So John, how's it like being on the team?" Dylan asked me.

"It's cool I like it" I told him.

"So what's it like dating Mackenzie Ziegler?" Christian asked.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Dude, we all know she's tough to crack. And you're like the first person to date her" he explains.

"I love her, she's amazing" I state.

"Well that's good at least. I figured she'd be stuck up" Christian continued.

"Stop talking about her like that. She's not stuck up she's the best girlfriend ever" I told him partially lying about the girlfriend part.

"Okay sorry bro. We'll see you later rooting for you at the game" he said.

They both left and the bell soon rang signaling school was over. I met up with Mackenzie, and we walked together meeting up with everyone.

"Hey Johnny were going to go out to get some food before the game you want to come?" Gavin asked.

"Ya sure" I say.

I get into the car with Maddie, Mackenzie and Gino.

"So you excited first game?" Gino asked.

"Ya, I can't wait. I can't believe coach actually put me on the team" I said.

"I'm not. Dude you were awesome on Monday. If he didn't put you in I'd be surprised" Gino tells me.

"It sounds like you're a good player" Maddie said.

"Ya I'm pretty good."

We continued talking then we got to the restaurant. Going inside we were all seated.

I enjoyed spending time with everyone. It was nice, they've become my close friends. Eventually we ate and then me and the guys had to head back to school.

Lucas drove his car so we rode with him. "So Johnny, you like Mackenzie right?" Lucas asked.

"Obviously he likes her or else he wouldn't be dating her" Gino said smacking his head.

"No I mean, you won't hurt her? Cause you'd piss off a lot of people" Lucas explained.

"Why would I want to hurt her?" I asked.

"Touché" he said.

We got to school and went into the gym where the rest of the team was.

"We need to start heading to the rec in a few minutes" Xavier told us. He's the team captain so we kind of have to listen to him, but he's really cool.

We collected our things and drove down to the rec center. Going into the locker rooms, we changed into our gear and sat around talking and joking around.

"Guys we need to wish the newbie luck on his first game with us" Xavier announced.

They patted my back and I smiled. Coach walked in and approached us.

"Alright boys this is our biggest rival we can win this if we work together like we did at practice and if we used Orlando. You think you can play Orlando no nerves?" He asked me.

"No nerves coach. I can do it" I tell him confidently.

"Good, now lets go out there and kick some butt!"

We all shouted and ran out to the rink and skated around it. Almost everyone from school was here. I easily spotted my family and all the girls.

They sat very close by. I smirked in my head.

They introduced us by number, and we skated out to the center of the ice.

"And number twenty is the newbie Johnny Orlando!"

Everyone shouted and I skated out to the center.

We get into formation and we have the puck. A bunch of guys from the other team tried to get it and one tried to slam Gino when he had the puck. I sped up and body slammed him into the boards.

Gino made it in the net and we got the first point. It was back and forth for awhile. I body slammed people a few times. This time when I did it. The guys started a fight with me.

We threw our gloves off and kept punching each other. The ref came out and stopped it.

"Penalty on the Bulldogs (opposing team) five minutes in the penalty box for him" the announcer said.

Coach called us in for a minute. "Alright boys one minute left were tied three three. You think you can score Orlando?" He asked.

Wow he's putting pressure on me.

"Uh ya sure coach" I told him.

"Okay good now go out there and let's win" he said.

We got out on the ice the ref started the last minute. I had the puck, I passed it to Josh for a moment then he passed it back to me.

I approached the net and too my shot. And it was in. The timer went off and that was the game.

"Well that's a win for the pirates tonight! Final point shot by the newbie Johnny Orlando!" The guy announced.

After the game the girls and our families came out in to the ice.

"Congrats on the win John" my dad said.

"Thanks dad" I smiled.

"Well we're going to head home we figured you and the boys would want to hang out" mom told me.

I nodded and waved goodbye as they left.

"Johnny! That was amazing!" Mackenzie exclaims tackling me to the ice.

"I'm sorry" she blushed.

She's cute when she blushes I thought.

"It's fine" I smiled.

We hugged and it felt different. This hug was different for some reason. It was longer. Was she making it longer? Was I making it longer? I pondered.

Eventually we got out of each other's embraces and smiled.

"Thanks for coming" I told her.

"I enjoyed it" she tells me kissing my cheek.