Chapter 19

A week later, Mackenzie's POV

It's been a week and my family is still somewhat mad at me. We're sort of on a talking base. Maddie talks to me regardless but I just haven't been in the mood to talk to her.

After everything happened I was upset. But I just had to tell them. I miss Johnny. He's tried to talk to me but gave up on Wednesday.

I walked through the hallway to get to my locker. The day has just ended so I just have to get my homework. As I was walking I ran into someone causing me to fall and all my books to scatter on the ground.

I grunted and grabbed my things.

"Sorry Mackenzie" the person said.

I look up and see Johnny reaching his hand out to help me up. I grab it and he pulls me up smiling.

He's wearing his jersey and jeans with his favorite pair of black high tops. His hair is done the usual way as he always does.

"Wanna walk together?" He asked.

"Uh sure, I just have to stop at my locker first" I tell him. He nods and we both started walking together.

It was awkward considering it's only been a week a lot has happened. Part of me just wants to be friends again, and just hug him. He was the first person I told everything to. Well, besides Maddie, some of the guys, and some of the girls.

He was like a go to, for some reason I trusted him a lot. And he did really care about me.

"So are you going to the game tonight?" He asked.

"Probably not. I have stuff to do" I sighed. He looked sad but nodded.

"So I've seen with you with Hannah lately. Did you get back together?" I asked.

He nodded, "ya we sort of got back together Monday. We worked somethings out. And now we're back together" he explained.

I don't know why but that made me sad. I didn't want him back with Hannah. I wanted him with me, we had fun together. I just nodded and opened my locker grabbing my stuff out of it.

"So if you still want me to, I'll come to your house on Christmas Eve. Me and my family can come, just friends hanging out" he suggested.

I sighed and closed my locker sadly. I looked up at him and grabbed his hand.

"I don't know Johnny. I think it's better off we don't. My parents are still mad at me about lying and the whole situation. So let's just wait" I tell him.

He nodded sadly. We both walked out of school together with very little conversation happening we went our separate ways.

Unfortunately I still have to go get food with everyone since Maddie doesn't want me walking home in the cold. I could honestly care less about the twenty-five minute walk but Maddie cares so I don't bother saying anything.

Maddie and them see me and smile. I approached them and stood by Maddie.

"Were you just with Johnny?" Kendall asked ecstatically.

All the girls actually want us to be together. Everyone does, but it's not going to happen.

I just nodded still think about the conversation that had made me depressed. It felt like my heart was just ripped out of my chest.

"You okay Kenz?" Maddie asked worried wrapping an arm around me.

I look up, she gives me a small reassuring smile.

"Uh ya... just had a bad day" I said.

She nodded and hugged me tightly. "Don't worry it'll get better" she smiled.

I smiled back and we get in the car and go to BJ's for food as usual. But this time it's different.

Without Johnny there I felt so alone. And of course all the couples there so I was like major third wheeling. Eventually the torture ended and I went home so I was happy about that.

So it's my birthday today! I turn 15 so I get my permit and I'm really excited about it. So ya sorry a little bit of a sucky chapter but it'll get better promise. But anyways I'm just sitting in biology doing nothing so here's the update. Lol xoxo bye loves 💜💜