Chapter 21

Johnny's POV

It was like I got hit by a train. I stayed on the ground groaning. I know nothing's broken but I'm just in shock.

The guys come over and surround me.

"You okay John?" Gino asked.

"Ya" I groaned struggling to get up.

They pulled me to my feet and then continued with the game. We ended up winning it of course and everyone came over to me asking if I was okay.

"Ya I'm fine. Just sore" I say stretching.

Mackenzie comes over and hugs me. "I'm so sorry" she apologized.

"It's not your fault" I tell her.

She let's go and we just stand there awkwardly.

"Johnny! Are you okay?!" Hannah asked worried pushing Mackenzie out of the way.

I see Mackenzie frown then go to leave. I want to go after her but Hannah won't stop bugging me. I couldn't get to Mackenzie in time because she had left when I was finally able to leave.

I get changed and get in the car with my family. They stop at home so I can shower and get dressed since we are going out to eat.

Next week is Christmas and we have so much to do. We went into the restaurant and sat down at a booth.

"So John how are you feeling after getting hit?" Dad asked.

"Sore, it felt like a train hit me" I stated.

"Do you want to go to the hospital make sure nothing's broken?" Mom questioned.

"No nothing's broken, just really sore. It just wasn't my day today I guess" I say.

"What happened?" Maddie (not Ziegler) asked.

"Don't want to talk about it."

Eventually time drags on and we got our food and ate. Then paid and went out to the mall to get presents.

We hit almost every store there then went home.

I brought my stuff upstairs to my room then changed. There was a knock at my door then it opened revealing Lauren.

"You're an idiot you know," she said.

"What did I do now?"

"You're not with Mackenzie" she says.

"I told you it was a deal, it nothing to either of us" I say.

"Can't you see Johnny? You like her if not love her! And she does too!" Lauren exclaimed.

"No she doesn't Lauren. Where are you getting this from?" I asked.

"From what I've been seeing. John you nearly broke a rib when you saw her at the game today. You get upset when you stop talking to her. John you like her" Lauren lectured.

"No I don't Lauren" I say.

"Yes you do just think about it you idiot" she says then leaves the room.

Short chapter again. Sorry. It's finals week this week at school so lots of studying and lots of tests so I promise it'll get better. Ily guys sm good luck if you're testing this week. The story is almost over :(((((.

I got to go so bye loves 💜