f i v e

Aero wasn't around when Dwight returned Daryl to his cell, but she couldn't imagine the situation had been pretty. She'd made plans to stay clear of that cell for the day, but apparently, Daryl had other intentions.

She was just walking past when she realized that the door was wide open. She stopped and walked over, spotting half the broken pencil on the ground.

He could have at least covered his tracks.

She glanced around and kicked the pencil into the room, closing the door and allowing the music to blare. Nobody would notice, at least not for a while. She dug her hands into her pockets and continued walking to the library, whistling merrily through her teeth.

- - -

She knew from the yelling that he hadn't made it out.

She knew he wouldn't, but she'd also known that he had to be given his best chance. He was a stranger, but he was also helpless in the hands of Negan. In that way, they were alike.

She scribbled another note down, kneeling down beside the door.

How far did you make it?

It took him a while to reply. She glanced up and down the hall, but there was nobody. Dwight would be the only idiot who would say anything to her, anyways.

She was too valued by Negan to be challenged.

bikes

She smiled. She switched off the music and walked away without another note.

- - -

The library was quiet, just as it always was. However, when she entered, she was surprised to see that it wasn't pitch dark like it usually was.

Flickering candle light greeted her.

She wanted nothing more than to turn around and flee, but she knew that she couldn't refuse him for much longer before he turned to violence instead of charm. She walked slowly through the shelves of books, following the candle light until she found him waiting.

"Hello, Aero." He purred. One of his men stood in the far corner, his arms behind his back.

"Negan." She replied calmly. The aroma of basil tickled her nose.

"Come sit with me." He chided, pulling a library seat back to help her in. She sat down, allowing him to push her in and remove her leather jacket. Slow music softened the aura.

A plate of spaghetti noodles and red tomato sauce steamed in front of her. Toasted garlic bread gave the air a bite of flavor. Candlelight flickered with the beat of the music and the strum of the guitar in the background.

She'd never seen him put that much effort in anything other than beating the holy hell out of people.

Maybe that was to be her ultimate fate-- one never knew with Negan.

He sat down in front of her with a smile. "Go on." He said to the man, dismissing him. He left without a word.

"You look damn fine." He grinned. "Did you know I was planning this?"

Charming, just as usual. Of course she hadn't known that Negan had anything romantic about him-- this entire thing was entirely unexpected. Had she not been who she was, perhaps she would have been charmed.

But she was who she was, and she knew who he was.

"This is lovely." She admitted. It was.

He began eating, and she took the hint and started as well. Half way through, he set something on the table.

The silver ring he'd tried passing onto her just weeks ago. It was beautiful and extravagant and large, but also entirely unlike her. Diamonds winked up at her, doing their best to tempt her with their beauty.

"Take the risk..." He said, scooting the ring toward her, "or lose the choice."

Having nothing, nothing can he lose.