e i g h t y

Carol inched the car into the Kingdom. Aero was alarmed to see that most of the guards were gone, left with only a few straggling women and young teens walking around with guns and spears of sorts. A crowd had gathered to watch as the car rolled in. 

Carol stepped out of the car, motioning for Aero to follow. She grabbed the sniper from the back and followed Carol, only a stride behind. The women eyed her without emotion, their eyes looking her up and down. Aero feigned boredom, picking at the dirt underneath her nails. 

There wasn't much in the camp, except for the reluctant woman. A scratched-up crotchrocket caught her eye.

"This is an ally. She's here to help guard the camp." Carol said to the closest woman who listened. Aero glanced up. 

The woman placed a hand on the pommel of her gun, looking Aero up and down dramatically.

Aero tilted her head and promptly looked the woman up and down, just as she had done... only slower. The woman's vicious face was drawn back into a sneer. 

"An ally?" She questioned without even looking at Carol. 

"One you don't want as an enemy." Aero answered before Carol could. Carol made the point to glare over her shoulder. 

"She's small." The woman's upper lip rose in disgust. "Can barely even hold that gun." 

Carol crossed her arms, obviously itching to get on her way. "Look--."

"No, no, it's fine." Aero said with the smallest of smiles. Aero nodded to Carol, finally tearing her eyes away from the sneering woman. "You should be good. Go take care of business." 

Carol started for the car after a moment of reluctance. "Any tips for handling the Saviors?" 

Aero considered the question, her face going from, "Giving tips would infer that I would know how to handle them. You better just pray that they don't know you're coming." 

HOW DO YOU PRAY

IN A WORLD

DAMNED BY GOD?