t w e l v e

The library was sound, as it always was. There was only one light that worked in the far corner of the room, which gave the occasional flicker. Light bulbs were harder to come across than one would think, and most people didn't think to put any in the room full of books. 

Aero flipped the pages beneath the yellow light. Dissolving in the pages of a book, she almost didn't hear the soft sound of a boot brushing across the short carpet... but she did. 

She grew very still right then, cursing herself for leaving her back exposed to the rest of the room. The knife strapped to her belt became a heavy weight. 

Though she could barely hear anything, she sensed that the sneak was close. She rolled from her spot and stood up, pulling her knife free in a fluid motion.

Dwight's mangled face greeted her with a stunned expression. She shoved the knife back into the sheath, muttering under her breath. 

"You're fucking weird." He muttered. 

Aero looked down at the book she'd abandoned on the floor, now closed without her bookmark to mark her page. "You made me lose my page." 

"Fucking. Weird." He said again. Aero picked up the book and turned her back to him, flipping through the pages.

"What do you want?" 

"You been messin' with Daryl's cell?" He cut right to the point-- right to the pit of the avocado. 

Damn, she missed that green mush. 

"I've been in here." She said, turning, but didn't look at him. She thumbed through her pages, skimming the lines to find her place. 

"I don't believe you." 

"Pity." She said, nodding once she found her spot. "What's your obsession with him, anyways?" 

Dwight frowned, "I fucking hate him. There's a difference." 

"Why?" Aero assessed, looking him in the eye now. She tilted her head and smiled sweetly. 

"Because he's an ass and he should be dead."

"So he's no different from you, then?" Aero chuckled. "I do think you're obsessed with him." 

"I'm not."

"You wear his leather jacket like a flag." He wears wings that do not belong to him. 

"So? I like it." 

Aero leaned against the unsteady table. "It's not yours."

"Not his anymore." 

Aero quietly wondered if she was fighting with a grown man or a child. Perhaps it was neither-- at least a child would listen after it was scolded. Dwight just kept on being an idiot. "And I see there's a new bike out there... that his, too?" 

Dwight clenched his fists at his side. 

"Hit me again." Aero laughed. "I won't cover for you this time." 

"I don't need you to cover for me."

"Oh, well, if that's the case, I'll go ahead and tell Negan who hit me last time, then." She moved to leave the library, but Dwight roughly grabbed her arm once more. Instead of glaring, she beamed at him. 

"Leave Daryl alone." Dwight muttered at her, dropping her arm and leaving the room without another word. 

Aero whistled a merry tune.

You speak an infinite deal of nothing. 

So many nice comments <3 you guys are seriously great. 
I'm only updating again because I saw that I already reached 100 hearts on this story. what even? You guys are incredible.