Chapter 20: Telling

Chapter 20: Telling

________________

“That show was not that good,” Ashton blatantly confessed as we headed back to the house. “We need to get some sleep guys, or else the shows are just gonna be crap.”

For some reason at that time Calum decided to make a big, unnecessary cough. I raised my eyebrows.

“What’s the matter with you?”

“Nothing, just a sore throat that’s all,” he replied innocently.

“You know what? I don’t think I want to go to bed early, anyone up for some late night food-hunting?” Ashton added as an after-thought.

Things were quite strange. Sure it was normal for us to go out and do something and then go to bed extremely late but it was strange that Ashton was just saying we should go to bed early but then he decided to go out late again.

Michael and Calum both agreed to go with Ashton but no one let me go. Even when I offered to go they insisted on making me stay home.

“Why are you guys being so weird? Actually, why are you guys being weirder than usual?”

“We’re not being any different! What fuck are you on about?” Michael said indignantly.

I rolled my eyes. “Fine. I’ll go home. Don’t blame me if I trash the house.”

For some strange reason Ashton and Calum smirked at each other and Michael just buried his face in his hands, apparently scarred over something because he kept on muttering ‘I’m scarred’ over and over again.

“Can one of you guys just please tell me what the fuck’s going on?”

“You’ll find out yourself,” said Michael. “Now get out of the van.”

He pushed me out the door and they drove off immediately. Bunch of dicks I thought in my head as I heard a wild laughter from Ashton (most likely).  I sighed as I walked up to the front door and unlocked it. The moment I stepped through the door, my feet crushed something that sounded like a piece of paper. I bent down and picked up a piece of paper and then turned on the light so I could read it.

Follow the line of post-its to find me.

It was handwritten and the handwriting looked very familiar. It definitely wasn’t Calum, Michael or Ashton’s and I couldn’t match it up with anyone else’s. Oh well, just go and follow the post-its.

Now as I looked up I just noted little, colourful post-its stuck all around the house. I walked over to the first one.

Back in high-school we used to take it slow…

I almost missed the post-it on the wall a few steps ahead.

I know that in the morning I’ll see us in the light upon your ear, although I am broken my heart is untamed still…

Lyrics. And considering they were One Direction and our lyrics I was slowly starting to get an idea who this might be, at least it was who I hoped it would be, but I didn’t dare let my hopes get high. There was an arrow pointing in the direction to the kitchen where it lead me to the fridge. The post-it on the fridge had OPEN ME on it and when I did I found a post-it on the tub of cookies & cream we had.  

Who doesn’t even get a taste, no more having to chase, to win that prize…

I was almost certain who this was. Who else would stick a post-it on a tub of my favourite kind of ice-cream? There was another post-it on the frozen yoghurt this time just words.