Chapter 29

Chapter Twenty Nine-

I groaned laying in bed. Caitlynn laid down on my right, while Calum laid down on my left. "Today has been terrible." I moaned shoving my head into my pillow.

Caitlynn had forgiven me once Calum, Kayla, and I explained what was going on. She didn't believe us at first, but she said Ashlynn had been acting weird since she met me.

"Yeah." Caitlynn sighed shifting slightly. "I can't believe her. I can't believe I fell for her, and I can't believe I still love her. I can't believe I trusted her either."

Calum wrapped his arms around my back and pulled me closer to him. "Love works in funny ways." He said as he rested his head on my shoulder blade. "Just like life works. It's just one giant roller coaster."

"Well I hate roller coasters." Caitlynn said.

I chuckled. "What about back in Florida? I do recall you going on a roller coaster several times." I said remembering the time we met Caitlynn and Ashlynn in the roller coaster line. They had both looked like normal girls, and they were polite and happy. They were happy together. I could see it from the way they looked at each other. Ashlynn looked innocent, so whatever happened along the way screwed up their amazing relationship.

"I only went on it because Ashlynn did. She'd hold my hand and wrap her arm around my waist. She would tell me everything was going to be okay, and it always was." She admitted. I shifted so I was facing her, Calum's head falling off my shoulder blade and into the bed.

"Dammit Michael." Calum groaned resting his head on my chest as he looked at Caitlynn.

I frowned. "Do you know if she lied to us about her family?" I questioned not really wanting to know the answer.

"What did she tell you?" Caitlynn asked me, her eyes widening.

I frowned. "The night we went to the candy store back in Florida she told me her parents were getting a divorce.. She said she didn't like her mum or dad. Did she lie?"

Caitlynn tensed as she quickly shook her head yes. "She lied. Her parents aren't getting divorced. She lied about that, but not about the not liking her parents part."

"So her parents are still together?" I asked getting angry, angry at Ashlynn for lying to me.

Caitlynn sighed as she covered her eyes. "You don't understand. Only Ashlynn and I do"

"Did you lie to?" I asked staring at her plainly. "You did didn't you?"

"No!" She yelled uncovering her eyes. "Ashlynn was abused. She was fucking raped by her dad! Her mother watched her dad beat her! I was there the one day. Her mom held me back." She choked out. "I watched him. We weren't together yet." Caitlynn cried out. "H-he hurt her on so many levels. I-I didn't know what to do. W-we ended up telling the police and he went to jail and so did her mom. She has no one. I was her only one."

I froze not knowing what to say.

"She wouldn't of told you. She wouldn't even tell me. I had to witness it to find out. I wish she would of told me. I could have got her help before he raped her." She whispered, tears falling freely from her eyes.

Calum climbed over my frozen body and wiped every tear away. It only made Caitlynn cry more, as she clung onto him.

"I was so scared." She choked out. "I thought I was gonna lose her. I don't want her to go. I don't want her to go. I love her so much. I'll always love her even if she hurts me like this."

Calum and I stayed quiet, speechless.

Caitlynn whimpered. "She was pregnant. Oh my god. She lost the baby. We were gonna raise it together." She buried her face in Calum's chest letting small sobs out.