Chapter Four

I felt my arms flying around trying to hit something.. Something my mind wasn't concious of yet. My arms started swinging harder, so my stomach started to clench tighter, and my body started to panic but finally, I had found the culprit.

I felt my hand come down hard onto the bright orange alarm clock next to my bedside as my eyes rolled awake. I groaned not opening my mouth, due to morning breath, when I saw it was only 10:00 in the morning! 

I had no plans for the day and I know I didn't set my alarm clock up last night.

Kate.

I mentally sighed knowing she did it on purpose because she didn't get the full scoop last night about the job interview. There wasn't much to tell other than that I got it and was just glad it was over, but Kate found the gossip in anything.

I contemplated maybe pretending to not have woken up and found that it was a very good idea indeed. I silently lay my head back down onto my fullfy pillow and took steady breaths.

Breath in.

Breath out.

"Oliviaaaa......"

I heard her whispier very close to my ear. Too close.

"Oli, Oliiiii...."

I ignored her and kept going on with my steady breaths.

"Olivia, I know you're awake, because when you're actually sleeping, you snore."

My eyes shot wide open and I turned around in time to catch myself face to face with the one and only Kate Matthews, with her fire red hair in a messy bun and chocolate brown eyes looking back at me innocently.

"I DO NOT!" I yelled in her face totally forgetting about morning breath.

Kate fell onto her bum in a dramatic way coughing like her precious life was slipping through her fingers.

Embarrassed, I slapped my hands over my mouth and darted out of my bedroom door towards the bathroom. 

As I made my way back to my bedroom I found that Kate was still on my floor flipping through a magazine she had given to me so I could use the papers to not get my paint on the thick white carpet. If you didn't know, I loved to paint. My mom had always done it with me before she.. passed away. Everything we had hanging up on our house walls were hand painted by me and I loved it; I had inspiration all around me.

I had intended to go to Art School while here in New York, but the tuition fee was too much and I never asked my family for anything.

As soon as Kate saw me walk back in, she scooted from me as far as she could with her eyes wide. Kate had a petite frame that could be a model if she wanted to and with such pale skin, it looked like cream. She was truly beautiful.

I had opened my mouth to ask her why she was waking me up so damn early, but before that she cut me off.

"WAIT! Before you say anything did you brush your teeth?" She yelled holding her hands up infront of her face like she was begging for her life.

"Y--"

"Don't say anything!! Just shake your head yes or no! Does my life mean nothing to you?"

I was scowling at her now but shook my head 'yes' anyways.

"Good. You may speak."

"Thank you Queen Bee, why the hell did you wake me up?! I was in a peaceful sleep! And you need to tone down the dramatic act, my breath is not that bad and you know it." I teased her.