Chapter Five

As I made my way out of my apartment I couldn't shake the feeling of something happening tonight. Knowing myself, I was just blowing up with nervousness. The people from yesterday would be there and it wasn't the very best time. Brushing my aggravation from yesterday aside, I decided that was yesterdays news and today is a new day. I'm going to have to work with these people from now on. I'm in a new city, a new person, and no strings attached. 

Sucking in a large breath, I put on a face filled with confidence and walked outside waving my hand around for a cab. When I finally caught one, I clutched my hand bag closer to me while slipping into the backseat. My driver was an older man with wrinkles around his mouth from smiling over the years. Just looking at him made me want to smile. I love old people.

"Where to, Miss?" He asked cracking a smile

"Uhm could you please take me to the bar 'Grey' in Downton?"

"Yes ma'am."

The whole way there I had given myself a pep talk. You can do this Olivia. You're not the same person from Highschool and you know it. You're an adult, so act like one. Don't be nervous, you're just like any other person there.

Before I knew it the cab had come to a stop. I got out while handing the elderly man the cash and a tip. He smiled and said his thanks.

I turned around to see a club that wasn't too flashy, but for sure wasn't something that just anybody could get into. I started to walk in line before the burly man at the front door came in front of me.

"Are you Olivia Freeler?"

I stopped in my tracks. Shit, what did he want?

"Uhm, yes."

His face held no emotion and his eyes gave nothing away.

"Mr. Arconato told me to just let you in when I found you."

"Ah okay.. Thanks."

The burly man held the door open for me motioning me with his hand for me to move it. I gave him a frustrated glare as I stalked past him. Geeze, couldn't Rebecca have said something on the phone? She probably did it on purpose just to see the look on my face. Too bad my 'confident' mask was unreadable.

Sigh, just one hour, that's all I need. Glancing at my phone I saw it was already 10:00 at night. Shit I was late and I'm not even working yet. Way to impress, Oli.

Stepping into the club my head shook with the loud beat that came as soon as I walked in. My ears were ringing already as bodies swayed to the beat. My eyes roamed the crowd of people looking for my work crew before I felt my arm being grabbed. I turned my head to see a lanky guy with dark hair slicked back. I yanked my arm from his grasp and planned to keep walking, but he grabbed me again. What the hell?

"What the fuck dude?"

He was saying something that seemed like a question from the way he was looking at me but I couldn't hear anything he was saying.

He seemed to guess my confused stare and rolled his eyes visibly sighing. This guy had the nerve! He bent his head down to my ear, and as I was about to jerk away, he asked "Are you Olivia Freeler?"

I turned my head slightly to answer him.

"Yeah, why?"

"Mr. Arconato has been waiting for you to arrive. Follow me."

He didn't give me a chance to reply as he just walked away. I shuffeled my feet quickly trying to catch up. I didn't want to get lost in the sea of bodies but as we got closer to where ever this guy was taking me the bodies of people started to thin out. Looking around at my surroundings now we were in a hallway that had velvet red walls; looking further I saw a sign that stated V.I.P. wasn't that far ahead.