Chapter Eleven

"You look just like her..."

The cruel man with a showdowed face whispered to me as he caressed my face.

It stung from the hard slap i had just recieved.

I felt the hot tears pour down my face as i tried to gulp air like the world was running out.

The dark man noticied this and his face got angry; probably finally realizing through the alcohol and drugs that I was not her.

His face twisted into a hateful and disgusted glare as he wrapped his rough hands around my neck.

I screamed in pain as I felt the little oxygen I had slip from my lungs.

"But you're not her.."

-------------

I awoke from my sleep with my back arched and my hands gripping something so tight my hands cramped up and hurt too much to even think about letting go. I could feel my throat stinging and my head starting to feel light. My eyes felt like they were popping out of my head and my toes curled in an unatural way.

I shut my eyes in hopes of waking up from this horrible pain.

"Please!" I heard myself scream and then pressure was on top of me.

"Olivia! Wake up babygirl!"

Kate, I could hear her.

"This is just a dream and you can make it; I know you can! Come on, open up those eyes. You're alright, you're safe with me."

Kate slipped her hands through mine which still had a death grip on something I couldn't quite focus on. She began massaging the muscles that were tensed and soon enough through the painfu stages, they finally relaxed.

Slowly but surely, my concious mind began coming back to me. A panic attack; a severe one is what I just experienced. I thought I was over this?! Guilt and hurt consumed my body as I bent over the bed and began to dry heave. Nothing came up but memories that were supposed to be buried deep.

"Olivia, you were supposed to have a ride from this party remember?"

Please stop..

"Mom, just this once please? The ride I had bailed out on me."

Please, I said I was sorry!

"I'll be there in ten, honey."

Black.

---------------------

Waking up, I felt my eyes burn as I finally opened them to reality. Fresh tears were on my face as I brought my sore hand to my face to feel the damage. Luckily, there wasn't much but a small scratch on the left side of my cheek ending by my jaw line.

I hadn't had a panic attack like that in a long time, but when they did happen, I always had some kind of damage to my face. On a good note, they never scarred and for that I was grateful.

I remembered Kate being there and felt a pang in my chest. She didn't deserve this kind of bestfriend; we were supposed to be beyond this and here I am living in the past.

I sighed as I looked around at my surroundings taking note that I was still the hospital. Scanning my eyes around the pale room it concerned me that nobody was in here, especially Kate who had always been there for me after waking up from one of my attacks.

Maybe she finally decided to give up on me. Panic gripped my heart when I thought about Kate leaving me, she was all I had left. My mind drifted to Liam and odd enough, the panic in my heart soothed slightly. I shook my head blaming the wrong thoughts on my mixed emotions from my attack.

It was still strange to me that I even found him attractive and now for me to even slightly think he could hold a place in my heart like Kate was just crazy. Plus, he still had many questions to answer and I knew in my gut that they weren't going to be things I wanted to hear.

I released a harsh breath out of my mouth, blowing up stray blonde hairs that were laying flat in my face. I didn't even want to see a mirror but as I raised my hand to run through my hair I knew a shower was not something I could negotiate on.

I got up and grabbed a towel that was hanging on the bar outside the bathroom door. Walking into the all white and pristine clean bathroom, I squinted my eyes from the glare and quickly made my way to the shower turning the heat up on high.

Keeping my eyes far from my reflection I slowly undressed trying to keep my mind blank. I falied because the first thing that popped into my mind as I slipped into the hot shower was my mother's beautiful face. I could feel tears welling up but shoved my head backwards and let the scolding hot water run over my face.

------

Stepping out of the bathroom fully dressed in new pajamas I came to a quick stop when I heard aggrivated voices from the door. I quickly picked up on Liam's voice and then Kate's. I shook my head focusing on Kate. I couldn't hear anything so I tip toed to the door and silently laid my head to the door.

"It's not my story to tell so stop asking!" I heard Kate whisper harshly.

I felt the familair pang in my chest when I knew 'which' story she was talking about.

"I don't care about what you have to say. I want to know what's wrong with her and I expect you to tell me now.." Liam whispered darkly. I shuddered from the authority in his voice and wondered how Kate was holding up out there.

I heard her cough which I knew was her just stalling. "She's had a rough past, and like I said before, it's not my story to tell. If you want to know, then ask her, and I'm not even betting that she'll tell you."

Liam chuckled darkly and then I felt the door be shoved back making me fall backwards on shakey legs and end up on my bum.

"Oomf"

"Olivia, are you okay?" Kate said in a panicked voice.

I saw her rushing towards me but before she reached me I was pulled up by rough hands. I looked at Liam and expected to see anger but instead his face was blank; hid of all emotion. He looked to Kate, dismissing her with his eyes. She shot me sad eyes before she closed the door with a soft click.

It was silent for a good couple seconds before Liam gently turned me towards him. I didn't have the guts to look up now that he knew about my attack. What would I tell him?

"I didn't mean to be rough with you, but the thought of someone hurting you angers me and I don't know how to handle that." Liam said as he placed his thumb under my chin and brought my eyes up to meet his. He siltenly ran his fingers over the scratch on my face before they moved over to trace my lips. When his eyes finally connected back with mine I was captivated.

They held concern but also restraint that I didn't understand. Nobody, better yet - no man, has ever looked at me like this before.

"We have a lot to talk about.." I said in a hoarse voice. I immediatly covered my mouth and dropped my eyes due to my embarrassment.

He only chuckled half-heartedly and agreed.

"Indeed, we do."

--------------------------

Wow, this was hella long! I finally have my computer back and I hope to keep moving forward with the story. Please forgive me for the errors but comment and let me know what you thought!

-Renee <3