Chapter Ten

I spent the next week not taking a single step from my hospital bed. Well, except for restroom purposes, but other than that, I was 'not allowed'.

Apparently Liam had the doctors and nurses under strict orders not to let me leave the bed until I was in the 'safe zone' to go home.

I was frustrated and moody. My muscles ached from not stretching and I'm sure I'd fall on my face if I tried to walk. I'll put my best effort in though; no way will I leave out of here in a wheelchair.

I sighed as I leaned my head back on to the stiff hospital pillow. After I had fully awoken from the sedation Liam let it be known that I could ask questions even though he said he may not have answers, but I haven't thought if any yet and I was scared of the truth.

It's as they say, 'the truth is never pretty'.

What if he was a drug lord? Or a wanted criminal? I don't think I could do that lifestyle again. I let that thought marinate on my mind as I took it in. If he was a bad person, what would I do? I knew I couldn't leave him high and dry. For some odd reason, my heart panged at the thought. But what if was like before?

I shuttered in horror. My father was a drug lord. Or that's what he would like to think. More or less, he had this really small gang in a really small town that sold behind the shelves pharmacy drugs and marijuana.

I shook my head roughly not allowing myself to think of him.

I directed my thoughts to more happy ones. Kate had caught wind of what happened to me since Liam wouldn't allow me to even lift a finger to make a call to her.

We had a rough talk about that. Me telling him sternly that she was my only family and she deserved to know what was going on, and him telling me in his 'no-nonsense' voice that he didn't care. In the end, he won and I was sighing and screaming infrustration.

Apparently it was on the news though. That would be New York; making even the smallest issues into bigger ones. So sooner than later Kate had finally come to find out, but I always got an earful from her about not calling, but once I told her it was Liam who didn't allow it, I gave him a smug look. He didn't know what he was in for with Kate's temper, but she just shot him a dirty look and he just shrugged his shoulders and shot me a smug look back while leaving the room with me and my mouth hanging open.

Kate had come almost everyday since then, panting away breathless and worried. Looking at her always gave me energy and put me in a brighter mood.

Cops had questioned Liam and I about the shooting but Liam demanded I be left alone to rest with my injury. Instead, he took the heat of interrogation.

His eyes were hard the entire questioning and would occasionally slit into narrowed eyes when asked about the shooters but he hid it well.

The shooting came down to just that, a random shooting which is what I now had my hopes bent up on.

I sighed, raising my hand to rest over my eyes. I was tired of thinking of everything and missed my normal everyday life with Kate, but sadly it was hard to imagine life without Liam.

Just then Kate busted through the door panting. She quickly shut the door behind her and locked it.

I sat up quickly with my eyes wide. I was about to ask her what gives but banging on the door cut me off.

"Miss! You're not allowed in there! Visiting hours are over!"

"Go away you crabby old lady!" Kate screamed back.

I chuckled at her heated temper.

"Kate, what are you doing?" I laughed

Kate turned to me as she huffed with her hand on her hip at the door where the crabby old nurse was banging.

"I came to see my lovely but shot in the shoulder friend." She said with a smile.

I just shook my head at her and closed my eyes. Only her. I felt the bed dip and looked over to see Kate getting comfortable on the other half of the bed.

I guessed the nurse gave up trying to get my crazy friend out of here, because I heard heels slapping against the tile in an angry march all the way until they faded.

Looking over at Kate I was her with her eyes closed and eyebrows scrunched together in concentration. I wanted to ask her, but it looked serious so I came off soft.

"What? Taking a nap?" I asked with amusement and sarcasm thick in my voice.

She didn't say anything; didn't even crack a smile.

"Kate..?" I said with my eyebrow raised.

"Have you asked him?" She responded with her usually light and airy voice but was now painted with seriousness.

I knew why though. Nobody other than Kate, Liam, and me knew what really happened at the shooting. That Liam grabbed his very own gun and fired back.

I had told Kate everything and also that I was scared to know what he was.

"No, I haven't." I said in a tone just as serious as hers but mine had a little nervousness mixed in. Hopefully I hid it well. I wasn't going to be the scared little girl anymore.

No.

I needed answers and I would get them tomorrow. Liam said he had business to attend to today, but he would be here tomorrow to check on me.

"It needs to happen soon.." I heard Kate whisper lowly.

I only nodded my head in agreement slightly.

------------------------------------

New chapter! Tell me if you liked it!!

I gave you some of Olivia's past have you guys figured out why she's scarred yet or no?

Vote and Comment please!

-Renee <3