Chapter one (Prologue)

Meghan Hicks:

My heavy lids couldn't stop the lights from waking me, stabbing my sight with temporary blindness as i open them, my limbs feel numb and my head feels heavy. The room spins for a good minute before i can make out an actual image of what i'm looking at, then i decided it's a white ceiling.

I sit up just to start feeling the tremor of my muscles, i feel beaten down and sick yet couldn't throw up, like the pit of my stomach is empty. I decided not to cry for help and get my hangover ass off the bed, tip toe-ing carefully so i wouldn't step on anyone who's passed out on the floor. Other than myself, the house looks dead, only one or two people are starting to wake up and try to stand up, going to the bathroom or roaming the kitchen for something to keep 'em before brekfast. Closing the Johnson's front double doors, the chilly air of January hits me hard, it doesn't really snow in Beverly Hills, California, but the air is still thick and heavy. I put on my casual coat and begin the actual walk of shame. A good thing that my house is only two blocks away or i would freeze before i get home. The walk takes me forever with my drunken state. The sky is not fully bright yet, not even joggers have come out, makes me wonder why it was so bright in that room earlier.

Even before i ring the doorbell in front of my wooden gate, it opened. A taxi stops right by me and the back window rolls down.

"Well don't you look pretty" My mom say "How's your new year's eve?"

I look at my reflection on the black car, hair sticking everywhere and make-up smudged. I basically look like a crack-whore "Seriously mom?"

"We gave you premission to go last night, and i hope you kept your promise to be responsible Meghan" My dad say

"Of course dad, i'm fine, i'm home before noon aren't i?" i give him a smile

"I said 4am" my dad retort

"Mom said noon" as soon as i say that my dad glares at my mom before huffing

"She's 16, if we restrict her too much she'll rebel. We're away almost all the time, it's very important for her to be open with us"

"You and your female psychology" he mutters as my mom turns back to me

"So anyway, we're leaving to Russia. We'll be home soon as we can okay, honey? I'm glad we get to see you before we go" she pull me close to the window to give me a kiss on the cheek

"Take care" i say, my dad still frowning "Daddy?"

"You too sweetheart" he say looking at me, his face softening "And no boys allowed in the house while we're gone!" he warn

"Yes, i know the rules" i assure him

"Okay, we're gonna be late. We love you" my parents wave as the taxi jerk foward, leaving the gate and i wave back and watch till the car dissapear after a turn

I sigh and make my way inside, the gate closing behind me. Brenda, our full-time house maid, waiting at the door "Morning miss" she greets, still a thic latin accent in her voice though she's lived with us for almost 6 years now

"Morning" I smile weakly "Can i have some tea, make it really hot too"

"On it" she say as she follows behind me, closing the door and taking my coat "Would you like some aspirin as well?"

"If we have some, sure"  i climb upstairs and went straight into my room, stripping out of my slutty party clothes and shoes then shower with warm water.

Last night was the very first time for me drinking heavily. I've made my drunken debute and honestly, i'm not that proud of it. I feel guilty to myself for washing a part of my innocence conciously and on purpose, i'm actually not the typical wild and popular high school girl at heart. I tried to be, but i actually dislike a lot of things regarding the night life. For example, waking up the next morning.