Chapter Twenty (I Guess We Made Up)

I feel the smooth edge of the knife sliding off my tongue as i lick off the peanut butter jam off it's surface. As i glace at the clock on the wall, turned out it has been half an hour since i opened the jar, and i look down to a half empty case. I unconciously write a mental note love will makes you fat

But then cringe at the thought. I'm not in love. I've never been in love. I won't be in love anytime soon. And most importantly, i will never get fat... Hopefully

I move my legs so now my whole body's swaying with the stool. I couldn't stop thinking about Chelsea and Peter, of course i would feel neuseous around them from now on cause they're too cute it's sickening. But deep down, i'm starting to accept the fact that just like any hormonal teenage girl, and everybody on the planet. I wan't that happy ending.

I want a kiss under the rain, I want that candle light night together, heck, i wan't a damn chase to the LAX!

But i know for one thing sure, it's gonna take a whole lot of a guy to love me. And i don't think i'd love easily either. I mean, if i do i think i'd probably be in love with Danny by now, i like him, but i don't feel excitement like singers sing on their love songs or what rhymes written by the poets.

I can tell you that I'm definetly not in love.

As i continue digging into my jar, i can't help but thinking about what Mrs. Harris said. People only takes six freaking minutes to fall in love. And believe me when i say i've looked it up, and there's even a book written about it, seminar's topic and more along with fun facts about orgasm, but that's out of context.

The point is, i just realized that love is nothing at all like what i thought. Cause i thought i was in love when i actually just had a bad crush on Danny. But i suppose a lot of girls had that too. Love doesn't excite you or pump your adrenaline that you can run laps to China and back, it supposed to be something wonderful, almost peaceful. Sex hormones excites and pumps your adrenaline, i guess. But who am i to talk?

"Miss, you've got company" Brenda sings while entering the kitchen with a mop and bucket. Her tired eyes forming a dark circle under em and her hair falls to her face from the messy bun. Of course she has so much to do without me keeping her with request' already. She puts her apron away as i put away my peanut butter jar back to the counter top

"That would be Logan" i mumble to more to myself even Brenda smiles in respond as i plop off the stool and jog to the livingroom, feeling the cold marble floor again undereath my feet, curse me for not wearing my sandals, but then i stop and let the cool stings but then warms up with my temperature when i see his figure.

Logan's leaning against a pillar, holding is phone in one hand, scrolling down on some text it seems. He's all sweaty and his hair is damp, falling just above his eyes. His white shirt is wet making a heart shape on the back of his white shirt all trought his flanel shirt. He has another hand in his denim pocket and a bag clungs to his shoulder.

"Hey" i snap his attention off his phone just in time when mine rings

I want you, and i think you should know

I wan't you, and i can't let you go

Cause I'm the kind of girl who'd like to tell you what i want in--

I quickly pull it out from my shorts but when i saw the unreconized number it went off

"Just checking" Logan gains my attention back to him

"You called me just then?" i sulk my phone back into my shorts pocket

"You left your number" he says sheepishly