Chapter Nineteen (Just Have to Remember)

Logan Harris

I'm running as fast as i could, the rain is getting harder and harder, the driplets are stabbing me like a cold shower in the afternoon. I rush in, opening the front door of Barney's, as the front dor bell rings slightly in harmony with the sound of the pouring rain. Once inside, i was greeted by a smiling Wanda with a tray of food, she walks past me to a table by the window.

A dark haired girl has her back facing me, she sure dresses a little too fancy for lunch at Barney's. Across her there's a familiar blonde smiling half-heartedly towards her company. It was Chelsea Everton.

"Here you go dear" Wanda says.

Chelsea gives her a warm smile briefly before going back to talking while the other girl doesn't seem to notice Wanda.

I let a thought slips then go straight to the kitchen, when i see Peter with an apron, flipping burgers on a big flat pan, like the one you see in that spongebob's cartoon show.

"Hey, what's wrong man?" he asks sheepishly

"Why do you always assume that something's wrong?" i shot an eyebrow, feeling like there's nothing on my face or anything, i turn to grab my working uniform, a really nice pink shirt, notice the sarcasm.

"We've been friends since elementry Logan, i know when something's wrong. Actually anyone would know if something's wrong"

"I'm not that obvious" i flatly defend

Peter just snorts "whatever you say"

"Chelsea's up front" i inform him

i was honestly waiting for him to be hysterical and maybe panicking wheater he'd go out and say "hi" or stay back here, but instead he says "Yeah, i know. She just texted me"

"What?" i ask, absolutly dumnbstruck

"Yeah, she actually just found out i work here, then decided we're going to see that new chick flick on the movies after my shift's over. I think she's here talking to Meghan or something."

i try to ignore that last part "So, you're together already?! Man, you've got game"

"No... i mean, we're not official or anything... well... i just... we... it's complicated"

"Oh yeah? How so?"

"I.. It's... I don't know, but i'm getting somewhere, okay"

"Fine, don't tell your best friend anything. But i guess things are going well right? I mean, Chelsea's been missing from her crowd, she must really like you"

Peter turns away and scowl

I just laugh as i pick up my pad to go wait tables

But Peter beats me asking back "How about Meghan? You've seen her lately?"

"Actually i just saw her at Biology earlier today, and we're about to do some project tomorrow, like always. Nothing special" i stop my steps and sigh, getting over a girl you've been in love with for years is easier said than done appearantly.

As hard as i tried to get over it, it's either me or someone else brings her up. And since she's a Beautiful People, a lot of people brings her up.

"So, what's your next move?" he asks without turning away from his pan

"There is no move. I just... i'm not persuing this thing"

"What do you mean 'you're not persuing this thing? This thing is the only thing you've been excited about for god knows how long..."