1

I have about a bazillion other fics I'm writing rn but this fic is based loosely around something that actually happened to me so I decided to write it down! I hope it doesn't suck thanks.

They say Vans Warped Tour is a magical place. Considering it really is just a bunch of emos gathering up to scream the songs that got them through their high school years and meeting some pretty amazing people, magical was putting it lightly. Which is the argument my lovely best friend, Kendlee, used to drag me out of my home and spend $50 bucks to stand in the blazing Houston sun all day, while listening to some good music. Which is what I was focusing on when she roughly yanked on my arm.

"Good Charlotte starts in like 5 minutes and I will literally drink bleach if we don't get barrier." Kendlee rushes out and whirls around so her ridiculously long hair, temporarily dyed blue, slaps me in the face before she takes off through the crowd, leaving me to watch her head bob and try to keep up.

When we make our way to right foot stage there's already a bunch of people but that doesn't really stop Kendlee. I manage to yell out apologies at the grumbling people she shoves and elbows out of her way and when we get to barrier she lets out a dramatic sigh of relief.

"Good fucking Charolette!" She screams at the top of her lungs. A bald man with a beard next to her agrees enthusiastically.

I roll my eyes at my friend before pulling out the schedule from my pocket along with my highlighter and straightening it out.

"Okay," I say, tapping the highlighter against my lips as I speak. "After this, the next band we want to see is Mayday Parade and they don't start for another twenty minutes. It's too early for lunch, what do you want to do?" I ask, gesturing my highlighter at my best friend who focuses her piercing blue eyes on me, a sense of childlike wonder sprinkled in her irises.

"Lets go to Waterparks tent so I can empty my bank account on them." She grins at me, sticking her tongue between her teeth. I roll my eyes at the mention of her favorite band that I've never heard but search the list for their names.

"They play Cyclops at 6, meet and greet at 2:30." I say and Kendlee squeals.

"We're going to that. You know how badly I want Awsten Knights di-"

I cut her off with a laugh before she can continue and shake my head, my black hair falling into my eyes.

"Yes okay we'll go if you stop talking." The conversation ends there as Kendlee, myself and the rest of the crowd start screaming when the band comes on.

><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Fuck!" Kendlee screams again as the crowd dissipates back over to the left foot stage for Set It Off.

"What?" I ask, while she puts her hands on the barrier and shakes it violently.

"That was amazing." She breathes out and grins, causing a smile to erupt on her face. "Come on, say you're happy you came."

I bite back a smile, looking at the ground. "Fine, I'm glad I came." I laugh and she hugs me tightly.

"Fucking fantastic." Kendlee turns back to the stage where Good Charlotte stood only a few minutes ago and grins widely again. "Lets go get some motherfucking Waterparks shit."

We quickly make our way through the venue, looking for the white tent Kendlee was trying to describe to me.

After a few minutes of looking around, completely lost, we spot the tent.

"Shit man finally." Kendlee points out a long fingernail to the tent where a brown haired man stands with another man behind the table, presumably the merch guy.