6

To Geoff: Are you just going to avoid talking to me for the rest of your life? 

Read: 12:34 PM

I sigh as the read receipt comes in moments after sending the text, just like the other 9 have. 

I click out of our messages and scroll through the other threads I have open until I come across Otto's. I reread the last few messages we sent. 

Me: Is Geoff ignoring me?

Otto: It's not really my business Q. But as far as I can tell, yea. 

Me: Why?

Otto: He feels bad. 

Me: He shouldn't. 

Otto: He needs space, just give him that. 

I sigh, tossing my phone on my bed and pacing in front of it quietly for a few moments before there's a knock at the door and Morty starts barking loudly. 

I make my way to the door, pushing the dog away with my leg before unlocking and opening it to be greeted with Kendlees smiling face. 

"I brought Starbucks." She says, holding out a drink tray when she recognizes the upset look on my face. 

Keeping Morty back with my foot, I let her in and she sets the drinks down on my coffee table before enveloping me in a hug. 

"Still nothing from Geoff?" She asks, a glint of hope in her eyes even though I obviously would be in a better mood if there were. 

"Nothing. I haven't heard from Otto or Awsten in a few days either." I sigh, picking up the vanilla bean frap out of the drink tray and collapsing on the couch, placing my hand against my forehead. 

"How can he just kiss you and then not text your for three fucking weeks!" Kendlee cries out in frustration and I shake my head, she's literally saying the same words that have been dancing around in my brain for 24 days. 

"I'm sorry, Q." She says, falling onto the couch next to me and tossing her arm around my shoulder. I set my drink back on the table and lean into her half hug. 

"I miss him." 

"I know you do." Kendlee says sympathetically, brushing her fingers through my hair like she's trying to pull the thought of him directly out of my brain. I wish she could do that. 

"Let's do something tonight?" She suggests, a glimmer of cheer hidden in her voice. 

"Like what?" I ask miserably. All I really want to do is put on some comfortable pj's, watch Grease the the five millionth time, and eat ice cream straight from the container. 

"Let's go to a bar or something, have a girls night out."

"I'm not sure if I'm up to it." I confess, hoping this excuse will mask the fact that I really don't want to go in the first place.

"Nonsense." Kendlee stands up, pointing at me, determined. "You're going to forget about Geoff Wigington tonight."

___________________________________---

"This isn't really fun, Kend." I say, glancing down at the sparky shirt I'm wearing and trying not to think about how scratchy it feels against my bare skin. 

"It's because you haven't loosened up yet!" Kendlee shouts, holding up a shot to me, spilling it down her arm a little. 

"Yeah," Brad, her boyfriend encourages. "Loosen up Quinny."