8

i luv to read comments on my stories and stuff so if you're reading this ya should comment bc it makes my soul happy luv u

___________________________________---

The bottles of rejuvenation cream clink together as I stack them on the shelves. I pull three more from the box, balancing them on the ones I had already set down. 

"Excuse me?" An elderly woman asks to my left and I set the jars down, turning my full attention to her. 

"How can I help you?" I ask, putting on my customer service voice. 

"Where can I find the Nyx products?" She asks and I tell her, pointing the woman into the right direction. 

"Thank you sweetie." She grins, her dentures nearly blinding me. 

I nod, turning back to stacking the creams when a voice speaks up behind me. 

"Thank you sweetie." Goeff mocks in an annoying voice and I roll my eyes as soon as I turn around and face him. 

"Very funny, asshole." I say, picking up the empty cardboard box and walk back around the counter to the cash registers, depositing the box on the shelf beneath them. 

"Look at you in your little Sephora workers outfit." He teases, reaching across the counter to take my blazer between his fingers, he rubs it slightly before releasing me. 

"Are you really here just to make fun of me at work?" I ask, leaning over the counter, resting my arms on it. 

"Nope, just wanted to see if you want to hang out later." Geoff asks, fiddling with the display of 30% off discount lipsticks. 

"You couldn't text?" 

"I was in the neighborhood." He says, picking up a particularly dark sample lipstick, opening it and running the brush across his arm. He nods, observing the color and tilting his arm back and forth in the light. 

"Quit wasting samples." I say, snatching the color out of his hands and closing the lid, depositing back into the display. 

"Anyway, what time do you get off?" He taps his fingernails on the counter rhythmically. 

"2:00." 

"Great, be at Awstens by 2:30?" He asks, stepping away as we notice a customer approaching us. "I've got a date at 5:30 so I'll only be around for a bit." 

"A date?" I must have misheard. I know we said that we were only going to be friends but still, I couldn't control the hot ball of jealousy that settled in the pit of my stomach. 

"Yeah, some girl Awsten knows from when he was in college." Geoff nods, still walking backwards as the woman places her items on the counter, I nod vaguely at him and he grins.

"Yeah, so you're gonna help me figure out what to wear." He makes finger guns at me and doesn't wait for my response before he turns around. "You're the best Q, love ya!" The words are tossed over his shoulder, his cheery voice tainting them. They land in a sad mush of a pile at my feet and I mentally kick them away, trying to forget about it as I turn to my customer. 

_____________________________----

"Black button up, or regular black tank top?" Geoff asks, holding up the two shirts on hangers for me to observe. I barely glance at them before quickly refocusing on the Call of Duty team death match Awsten and I were currently engaged in. 

"Button up." Awsten says and I shake my head. 

"Depends, are you trying to be casual or fancy?" I ask, then burst into laughter as I get a head shot on Awsten, causing him to mutter curse words under his breath.