9

i was trying to write a paper in English today but I couldn't stop thinking ab writing this instead so here we are. 

_______________________________----

Little Violence blares through my car speakers as I pull into a parking space outside of Geoffs apartment building. I twist the key and the car engine shuts off. I look at the door to his apartment, heaving out a large sigh before grabbing the single daisy in the passenger seat. I couldn't find any bouquets at HEB which was weird but I grabbed what I could find. 

I push open the car door, stepping out into the cool December morning air. I pull my red flannel around myself tighter and jab the button on my key chain, effectively locking the doors on my car. 

My stomach is doing flips as I walk to the door, my hands sweating and shaking and it seems to be taking a lot more effort than normal to force my legs to move. One step, one step, one step. 

Once I reach the door the nerves that are wrecking my body seem to increase dramatically and I almost back away but Awstens words come back to haunt me. 

"Just go for it."

I raise my fist and knock loudly on the door, slowly retracting it, holding the daisy in one hand. 

The door cracks open and I'm surprised not to see Geoff on the other side. 

A girl with long brunette hair, wearing Geoff's shirt stares at me. 

"I-um-I." I stutter out, trying to force myself to make sense but I can feel my face heating up into a blush and my brain has gone to mush. Of all the outcomes I imagined, tossing and turning in bed last night, this was absolutely not one of them. 

"Are you a friend of Geoffs? Because he's busy." She says blatantly, a frown etched into her freckled face. 

I realize that her hair is a mess and for some reason that's what makes it click in my brain. Not the fact that she's wearing his shirt, not the fact that she's missing pants, or even that she's answering the door. 

Suddenly behind her, Geoff appears, shirtless. 

"Hey Jen, it's alright. I'll be right back." He kisses her cheek tenderly and I swear to god I almost turn around to throw up. 

"Hurry back." She purrs and he smiles as he steps out the door to talk to me, closing it behind him. 

"What's so important?" Geoff asks, still smiling, crossing his arms over his bear chest. I can see goosebumps rising up on his tan skin. 

"W-what? Nothing important." I stutter and he raises an eyebrow, clearly skeptical of me.

"You brought a daisy. I was under the impression that meant important. Don't over use the inside jokes or they won't be cool anymore." He shakes his head, snatching the flower out of my hand and smelling it lightly. 

"Just wanted to congratulate you on your what appears to be successful date." I gesture vaguely to the door and he grins again. I swallow the lump in my throat. 

"Yeah I actually wasn't sure about her. She's not really my type at all, I figured if I could just get through it I'd never have to talk to her again. Then halfway through I realized that maybe it's a good thing she's not my type. So we talked for a while more and then." Geoff drifts off at the end of his story, reaching up to scratch his neck, giving me a sheepish look. 

"And then you banged some chick you barely know." I attempt to cover up my bitterness with a laugh and I don't think it worked well but he doesn't say anything. 

"Well you know how I get when I'm drunk." He chuckles, referencing the night before he left for tour and I clench my fists behind my back. 

Yeah except I thought that was just with me, not everyone in general.