« 1 »

"Angel! Let's go!" My step-brother yelled from down the steps as I quickly tossed a backpack that contained my laptop, some paperwork, and probably some candy wrappers, over my back.

"On my way!" I answered, dashing down the steps and crashing into my brother at the bottom.

"Well hi there," He joked as I rolled my eyes and picked up a bottled water out of the fridge.

"Good morning to you, too," I joked with a laugh while slipping on my combat boots over my leggings. I was also attired in a dark purple t-shirt with my dark hair flowing freely over my shoulders.

"You have the files?" He asked as I nodded, hopping in the passenger seat of his black Camaro.

"Yeah... They're strange. They truly are. I mean, a group of people who are mentally unstable trying to ambush people... I see nothing supernatural, but I definitely see an issue," I spoke as he nodded, listening carefully to every word exiting my mouth.

"It is strange... And it's a severe issue... But the police handed it off to us as supernatural, so we do need to look farther into it," He said as we began on our way to work.

Work is quite unique for us. Johnny owns his own business, and we're the only two employees. It's more fun than anything. It pays decently and it's amazing to just be able to goof off with your sibling at anytime.

"I have... And all these people have a similar background. They've each spent time in prison for murder, and some for even more than that. I've seen records of theft, rape, severe vandalism, and one of them even had jailbreak," I informed him as he bit his lip.

"Do these individuals have names?" He asked as I began flipping through the multiple pages that were stored in my folder.

"Ben Drowned, Jeff the Killer, Laughing Jack, Slenderman, and Jimmy Casket," I spoke as he slammed the brakes at a stop light, causing me to fly forward in the seat.

"Jeez, Johnny! You trying to get us killed?!" I yelped as he stared blankly at the road ahead.

He began mumbling nonsense under his breath as I just watched in confusion and concern.

"Johnny...?" I whispered, but he didn't even seem to notice. He sat there for a while before the light turned green, snapping him back to reality and causing him to begin driving again.

"What was that about?" I asked as he glanced over at me in confusion.

"What? What was what about?" He asked as I skeptically stared at him.

"Uh... Just... Um... N-Never mind," I whispered, placing my focus of attention out the window. Watching the people and places pass by quickly.

"Who had the jailbreak?" He asked as we pulled in to the office.

"Uh, Jimmy. He apparently tortured his cell mate with a shard of a broken mirror. They took him to solitary confinement, but he never made it there. Police cameras caught him killing both the guards. Shattering one of their skulls against a concrete wall and slitting the others throat with a stowed shard of the reflective glass. So, he will be a challenge. Actually, he was the only one without a record of rape..." I spoke as we walked to the office and entered.

"Interesting. These people sound like they should be Americas Most Wanted," He said as I nodded.

"They've been tracking them down for years, and they need all the help they came get," I replied as I placed all my stuff down on the front desk. My desk.

"Sure does sound that way," He answered before walking up the stairs and going up to his office.

  I continued to look up information on these people, checking their backgrounds and their last sightings. It is, in all honesty, intriguing. I mean, yes, it is horrifying knowing that people with these types of things on their records are walking amongst us. But what can anyone do about it?

"Angelica?!" I heard my brother scream from the top of the stairs.

"Yeah?!" I answered.

"Send me Jimmy's files! I want to look farther into them!" He answered as I opened my laptop, clicking on the folder labeled 'Creepypasta' and sending them to Johnny's computer.

"Thank you!" He responded as I continued going through the different files myself.

This is eerie on so many levels.