« 23 »

I opened my eyes, staring up at the ceiling as I sighed.

"Angel?" I heard my step-brother ask from the doorway.

"Hmm?" I whispered, sitting up and looking at Gavin.

"I need to talk to you, but, um..." He spoke, pointing at the bed I was in. I looked over, finding myself encased in Jimmy Casket's arms.

"Well..." I muttered, sitting up and slowly slipping out of his grip.

"What's up?" I asked, looking up at Gavin.

"It's about this mission that you discovered. Now, you do understand that this is a life or death situation, correct?" He asked as I nodded.

"Yeah," I muttered as he sighed.

"That one isn't gonna be too fond of your decision," He spoke, pointing over at Jimmy.

"No one is ever fond of my decisions," I mumbled as he nodded in agreement.

"So tell me, how did you find out about this mission?" He asked as I sighed.

"If she won't tell me then she's not allowed to tell you," Jimmy's tired voice emitted from behind me on the mattress, making me turn my head around. His maroon eyes glared up at me as I shook my head.

"I wasn't planning on telling anyone until later," I whispered as Jimmy sat up and crawled to the foot of the bed and sat down, grabbing my hand.

"Fine then. But you will tell us later, right?" Gavin asked as I nodded.

"Yes. And that's a promise," I answered as Gavin left, walking out the room as we listened to him stomp down the stairs.

"You can tell me anything, y'know..." He muttered as I tilted my head while looking at him with an annoyed stare.

"I will tell everyone at the same time tonight," I spoke as he growled.

"But I wanna know now..." He complained like a toddler as I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"You can not know at all," I suggested as I placed my index finger over his warm lips. He let out a sigh as he tilted his head.

"Fine... You're just lucky that I have to go help Gavin pack up for the mission," He spoke as I nodded, standing to my feet and sliding one of Gavin's large shirts on over my sports bra.

"Why do you have to wear the shirt?" He asked as I sighed and turned back to him.

"Would you rather me wear no shirt?" I snapped as he shrugged.

"Why not?" He asked as I gave him an annoyed stare.

"Wasn't Maxwell downstairs?" I asked as I he let out a deep breath in disappointment.

"Fine... Just stay by me..." He demanded as I laced my fingers with his, both of us stomping down the steps to see Maxwell and Gavin going through a few backpacks. They were throwing miscellaneous items in and taking other shit out.

"You look like you're having fun," I commented as Gavin rolled his eyes.

"Yep. Time of my life," He responded sarcastically as Jimmy began helping them.

"So, Missy, do you have a name?" Maxwell asked as I slowly nodded.

"She does. But that's classified information," Jimmy growled with narrow eyes as Max's snake green eyes shot him a death glare.

  I walked over to go stand by Gavin, standing a few feet away and seeing that Jimmy's eyes were blazing red. They had hints of orange and looked like a bonfire.

"Why aren't they maroon?" I whispered over to Gavin who looked over at me with a confused look.

"Maroon? No. Red eyes only dilate down to maroon when they stare at--" He cut himself off.

"At what?" I whispered back as Max and Jimmy began working with the bags while keeping small talk.

"Their weakness..." He mumbled as I felt my heart flutter and my cheeks heat up.

I can't be his weakness. He's a serial killer who is unstoppable and has no source of weakness. I stepped into his life last week and suddenly I'm the weakness?

"I'm not his weakness..." I mumbled as Gavin arched an eyebrow at me.

"What color are his eyes when he looks at you again?" He asked as I sighed.

"Maroon..." I answered as he slowly nodded.

"That's what I thought..." He answered as he walked off, throwing more equipment into the various selections of duffel bags and backpacks he could shove things into.

After a few hours, the sun was setting and I had a backpack over my shoulder and a duffel bag wrapped around my body.

"Ready?" Gavin asked as both Jimmy and I nodded. I felt Jimmy grab my head while placing a peck on my temple, our group of three heading out the door.

Apparently Maxwell just came over to help us pack up. But, that's just what they told me. So we can all make a safe assumption that they're probably lying straight to my face.

We hopped in the backseat of Gavin's blue Mustang, speeding off to this warehouse.

About thirty minutes later we all stepped out of the vehicle, Jimmy hesitated to pull me in the building with him and Gavin. I took a deep breath, knowing that this was gonna be my end.

"Stop!" I yelled as the two looked back at me with wide eyes.

"What? Are you trying to scare us? You can't just scream like that!" Gavin lectured as I slowly looked up at Jimmy and took a large breath.

"I have something to explain to you..." I whispered as they both nodded.

I walked out into the open center of the warehouse.

"There's a sniper here. She's wanting information on you two and the remainder of the Creepypasta's. She told me about your mission. And this was my personal suicide mission..." I mumbled as they both looked around us in confusion.

Jimmy's took a few steps forwards, Gavin walking a few feet to my left.

A single gunshot echoed throughout the empty warehouse.