Chapter 4

^^ Emma^^

Kaiden POV

Me and Keilan was playing games on his ps4, talking about the first fire I helped with in there station. He was of course making fun of me. " I seriously thought you were going to faint when they brought that women out with her leg bone sticking out. You were so pale" Keilan is laughing at my reaction of some of my first calls.

" That was gruesome. I didn't see that everyday like you do, like we do now, but I am able to stomach more now so you can't make fun of me anymore." I laugh along with him because it is funny.

We were making fun of another firefighter when his girlfriend, I think he said her name started with an H, came in and told him to get ready for some show. "We are going to a fashion show to see the designs that Hailie and her friend, Brailyn, have been working on for a while. Do you want to come? We can come back after the show and play some more games." Keilan stands up.

" I don't want to intrude on your night" I get up to leave so they can get ready.

"Hailie, do you think Brailyn would mind if Kaiden came with us?" That's her name Hailie. Got it now.

" I don't think she would but I'll call her to make sure." She picks up her phone and leaves the room.

" You wouldn't be intruding, in fact you would be helping me out, It would be nice to actually have another guy to converse with. It is always me and two girls. It's to much estrogen for me." I laugh at the face he makes. He is lucky to have girls around him. I have a girl too, she has stolen my heart.

"Brailyn said it was fine as long as it wasn't another set up, but I ensured her that it wasn't so don't worry." Hailie entered the room again, smiling.

" Come on, I think I have an extra tux you can borrow. We look to be about the same size." He turns the game of and walks out of the room.

" I'll be in there in a minute, I have to make sure my daughters babysitter can stay for a little bit longer." I dig in my pocket to get my phone out.

I walk down their hallway calling his name and he sticks his head out of the door so I know which one to go to. He has them laid out on the bed when I get on there. "Here try this one on. The restroom is right down the hall to the left." He hands me a black tux.

I nod and go to find the restroom to change. We got ready and went back to the living room until Hailie came out. We left their apartment to go get Hailie's friend, which is only a couple of door down the hall. Hailie knocked on the door and I heard a dog bark. "It must be nice to have your friend live so close to you" I look up at her.

" Yeah I really enjoy her being so close because anytime I need her she is always there." Hailie knocks again.

" What kind of dog does she have?" I ask her but the door opens about that time so I didn't hear what she said.

When I heard the door open, I looked up to see an angel. There was a gorgeous woman standing in a light blue dress, with a diamond necklace and earrings, her hair was put up with a few strands hanging down framing her face. When her blue eyes connected with mine, I swear I got lost for a moment, like we were the only two people in the world.

She turns around as Hailie asks if she is ready, her cheeks a slight tint of pink. I think the pink looks beautiful with her skin tone. "Brailyn this is Kaiden, Kaiden this is my best friend in the whole world, Brailyn." Hailie says as I am still staring at her. Brailyn sticks her hand out for me to shake but I take it and kiss the top of it. "It's a pleasure to meet you Brailyn" Her cheeks get a little pinker and I think it's adorable.