Chapter 14

I wake up again and realize I am alone. I look around to see blood spots all over the place. My whole body hurts.

"Well it's about time you wake up" I look up to see Braden getting out of the chair coming toward me. He has a crazy look in his eyes.

"You are such a stupid little bitch, do you know that. I could have given you a good life. A life that no one else could have ever given you. I would have made all your dreams come true Brailyn, but you just couldnt let me be what you needed. You deserve what you get now."

"You broke my heart, Brailyn. Things could have been different but no, you wouldnt have it. Now, I will make sure everyone pays for what they did to me" he says as he hits me. My head flies to the side and I have a sharp pain go through my neck.

I taste blood in my mouth but I just give him a evil glare. I wont give him the pleasure of hearing me scream in pain. Trust me when I say I want to but it's not going to happen.

The door opens and I hope to see someone to save me but instead I see Ashley. Fucking Ashley.  She is the one that helped him escape, oh my gosh, it was her voice earlier.

I have to get out of here and let Kaiden know. He can't let her around Emma. She will hurt her even more than she already has.

Braiden leaves out of the cell for a minute and comes back a metal baseball bat. I look up just in time to see him swing it as hard as he can and hit my leg. I grunt in pain but I will not scream. Then he hits it again.

"Scream you stupid bitch, scream." he says through gritted teeth. I bite my tongue to keep the pain to myself. Then he hits me in the side with it. Breath Brailyn just breath through the pain I tell myself.

Next thing I know, I hear the bat hit the ground and I look up to see him pull out a knife from his pocket. He shoves it into my side.

" If you won't scream them I will make it where you never scream again" he says to me while jerking the knife out of my side.

I am going to die. I will never be able to see my friends or Emma or even Kaiden for that matter. I love them. I cant leave them like this.

I have to fight, not for myself but for them.  Suddenly I hear a loud bang upstairs. Braden grabs my hair in his hand and I feel a prick on my neck and blackness takes me again.

I hear voices but I cant seem to open my eyes. I am laying on something soft. " She is badly beaten and bruised. She has three cracked ribs, a puncture wound to her side that is fatal if we dont operate, her brain is swelling and we have to drill a hole in her skull to let the pressure off, she has multiple concussions, her right leg is broken in two places, she needed sixteen stitches to close her head up."

"I have to be honest with you, She only has a thirty percent chance she is going to make it through the night. I am really surprised she made it this long. She must be a hell of a fighter" a voice says that I dont recognize. Who is that.

I hear crying. It sounds like Hailie. Why is Hailie crying? "Baby she is strong, she is going to make it through this" Keilan voice says.

" Look at everything else she has overcome. She is a very strong woman Hailie and you know in your heart that she will make it through this to. Just have faith" Kaiden's voice says so close to me.

The way he said it sounded like he was trying to convince himself as much as he was Hailie. I hear someone come close to me and I am suddenly in no more pain. I feel heavy all of a sudden.

I wake up again and my eye lids are still to heavy to open. " I don't know if you can actually hear me but I want you to know that the detective on your case finally found Ashley and she will pay for what she did, I will make damn sure of that. Braden's funeral is tomorrow. The cop that shot him said that he wishes he wouldn't have had to do it but Braden was coming toward him with a knife."