Chapter 20

I roam around the party for a little bit, talking to just about every one, or that's what it seemed like. I get another glass of champagne when I see a woman with Kaiden.

They looked like any other group, just conversing, until I noticed how she kept putting her hands on his chest and biceps. He kept brushing her hand off but apparently that didn't matter to her.

Kaiden looks my way and we make eye contact and he motions me over to them. Curiosity got the best of me so I walked over and slipped my arm through his. I smiled up at her, hoping she noticed the gesture. Oh yes. She noticed and had a look of pure disgust on her face.

"Brailyn, this is Tosha, Tosha, this is my fiance Brailyn." Kaiden says looking at me with a smile on his gorgeous face. I nod and stuck out my hand, trying to be polite but she walks away toward the bar. I internally give myself a high five on pissing her off. Kaiden shrugs his shoulders and asks me to dance.

As we swing across the dance floor, he sings to me. I have to say, I was not aware he was talented in that department also. He has th perfect voice if you ask me. The deep, manly sound is also very soothing. I really do love everything about this man. I am truly an addict of his. I can't get enough.

The way he sways us as he leads me from one move to the next while still looking into my soul. It is a very attractive feature of his. He always makes me feel like I am the most important person in the world. I could die right now and would be content with just knowing we were together in the end.

"Dada" we hear as Annette and Emma approach us. We both smile at them. She jumps into his arms almost immediately. This makes my smile even bigger. 

The bond the two of them share is  remarkable. I don't think I have ever seen anything so astounding. I hope to share the same bond with my child one day.

"I will leave you two to have some father, daughter time." I say kissing both of them on the cheek and smiling lovingly at them.

Kaiden smiles back at me and Emma puts her head on his shoulder. He twirls around as I walk to a table with Annette.

"So Kaiden told me you were a designer, how is that affecting your relationship with my son and Emma." She asks, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Honestly, it hasn't had a big impact on our relationship. My best friend and I own a fashion company together. Most of what I do, can be done from the comfort of my own home. Which means I can spend more time with Emma and Kaiden."

"That is nice. I am proud of my sons accomplishments. He has come a long way since Emma's mother had left them the first time. I would hope you wouldn't get in the way of my sons development like Ashley had." She told me with a heated glare and tight lips.

"No ma'am, I would like for Kaiden to have everything in this world that he wants. You don't have to worry about that. I will always encourage him to fulfill his dreams and push him to succeed in whatever the future holds for him." I tell her nervously.

"I would hope that you would do as you say but in any circumstance where my son or granddaughter get hurt, I will be coming for you and I hope you understand my hesitancy in this situation." She says still scowling.

"Mrs. Rayburn, I understand why you may be ambivalent about this. I know me being engaged to your son is a little swift but I can assure you that I am in love with your son with all of my being."

"Kaiden and I have already been through alot in the short time we have known each other. Before Kaiden and myself met, I had given up on love. I had thought that there were no more good men in this world, they were all filthy dogs but the day I met your son was the day my opinion greatly changed. I, regretfully tried to push him away until I finally realized how good of a man he is." I look over at them dancing and can't help but smile as I continue.